Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Unhappy Last Ditch Effort... i really need alero help.

ok guys, i'm in need here and I'm hoping I can get some answers because i'm losing hope in my dying alero.

i'm gonna break it down into sections of issues. here I go.

mechanical problems:

Problem 1:

code P0442: definition: BBEVAP (evaporative emission system) small leak/ no flow condition

code P0440: definition: BBEVAP (evaporative emission system) small leak/ no flow condition

**I know these aren't serious but they keep my "SES" light on, and i don't know if something serious is actually happening, so i would like it to be fixed. I have already replaced the gas cap with no luck.

Problem 2:

When the car is cold, it accelerates fine. I suspect i need a new thermostat because the car always stays at or slightly above the 1/4 mark and rarely gets over the 1/2 mark. So, when the car gets close to the 1/2 mark, it begins accelerating terribly. After shifting into 2nd gear, the rpms go nuts where they increase, stay constant, increase, stay constant, ect. this all happens with the gas pedal held constant for any somewhat-quick acceleration. the car accelerates in a jerky manner and is feels as if its bogging down. I've been told it could be the following: bad TPS sensor, bad MAF sensor, clogged cat, or a bad torque convertor. any ideas?

**this is the single worst problem I am experiencing with the car right now.

problem 3

when running, car emmits a higher-pitched metal grinding/chattering sound. I cannot figure out what it is but it sounds bad.

problem 4

after car is warmed up, power steering does not work right. fluid at correct level is somehow overflowing the resivor and it is very difficult to turn the steering wheel when car is warm.

problem 5

coolant light comes on when car is cold and shuts off on its own. fluid level is correct and no loss of fluid is apparent

problem 6

my rear brakes squeal when i apply them in moderate breaking situations. also, when it rains, my brakes feel very very unresponsive and take awhile to "grab". if i hit the brakes as hard as i can, they still don't grab and my ABS will engage but makes the situation even worse. they never did this before (p.s. the pads and rotors were replaced early last summer and are not worn out)

structural problems:

my car has some suspension-related problems

problem 1:

last winter I slid off the road into a ditch and a tow truck pulled me out. I remember him hooking the tow strap to a metal arm going from the center of the back of the car to the driver side back tire. i think this is a control arm? anyway, during a recent tire rotation, i noticed that the bar is completely collapsed and I am wondering if this is why the rear of my car has been difficult to handle in rainy/snowy conditions due to misalignment. what is this part and how do I replace it?

problem 2:

car has a terrible creaking noise when I turn corners

appearance problems:

problem 1:

my car is rusting. badly. its on the inside bottom of all my doors and around inside trim of my hood and trunk. why is it doing this and how can i stop it?

problem 2:

my car was crashed before I bought it and the rear bumper that replaced the original seems to be rubbing on the metal it meets, causing a no paint situation and rust. My trunk latch hook is also rusting off. how do I remove the rear bumper to repair these problems?

I'd like to thank everyone in advance. If you have any insight to the problems I am describing, please give all available info!

I guess i've fallen out of love with my alero and it just may be time to say goodbye if it proves to be expensive problems. Its a great car, just mine is simply tired out.

Last edited by TheEdgeofSanity : 05-23-2009 at 12:58 AM.
TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote