Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #21
ziaplayboy
GX Member

ziaplayboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ziaplayboy
I used to have the same problem, the e brake didnt want to turn off, and the cruise didnt want to work. i checked the brake fuild and it was fine, the problem was, with my car, inside the brake fuild container there is a float with a little metal piece. well it turns out my float didnt float, all i had to do was to remove that float and i have never had a problem with it since. so check that out also.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #22
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNLow View Post
i was actually reading about the warped rotors the other day....... its more of a oem pad issue than the rotors

That is most definitely the case. With the OEM pads, under certain occasions you can get a build-up of pad material stuck on the rotor in areas, and that is what the pulsation is. I noticed this a few times on my Alero, a good firm stop got rid of it every time. I haven't had it since with my upgraded brakes though. Rotors RARELY warp.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Old 02-12-2007, 10:14 PM   #23
Wreckless
GX Member

Wreckless is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaplayboy View Post
I used to have the same problem, the e brake didnt want to turn off, and the cruise didnt want to work. i checked the brake fuild and it was fine, the problem was, with my car, inside the brake fuild container there is a float with a little metal piece. well it turns out my float didnt float, all i had to do was to remove that float and i have never had a problem with it since. so check that out also.

BINGO! thanks man,float was stuck,I got it unstuck and every things good now Ill keep an eye on it to see if it keeps it sticking.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #24
Wreckless
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
That is most definitely the case. With the OEM pads, under certain occasions you can get a build-up of pad material stuck on the rotor in areas, and that is what the pulsation is. I noticed this a few times on my Alero, a good firm stop got rid of it every time. I haven't had it since with my upgraded brakes though. Rotors RARELY warp.

Good to know,as soon as the 5 inches of snow melts Ill give it a shot.Do you think a good set of ceramic pads would help?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #25
Wreckless
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post

Good to know,as soon as the 5 inches of snow melts Ill give it a shot.Do you think a good set of ceramic pads would help?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:39 PM   #26
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
holy triple post
Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 AM   #27
Wreckless
GX Member

Yeah sorry I talk alot.LOL.But I only meant to post that last one once.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 AM   #28
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post

well, i have both ceramic pads and cross/slotted rotors and i NEVER ride my brake hard and my rotors are already starting to get warped again and its only been 9 months. was thinking about doing a complete brake upgrade but thats a little bit on the expensive side. to make it short, either my pads were just low quality (or my rotors - R1 Concept) or its my luck lol
Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 AM   #29
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
how do you know they are warped?

i have cross drilled and slotted with semi metallic pads and have NEVER had an issue

Old 02-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #30
Cliff8928

I also noticed, the easier i was on my brakes, the more prone they were to vibration...
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 AM   #31
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuriku View Post
well, i have both ceramic pads and cross/slotted rotors and i NEVER ride my brake hard and my rotors are already starting to get warped again and its only been 9 months. was thinking about doing a complete brake upgrade but thats a little bit on the expensive side. to make it short, either my pads were just low quality (or my rotors - R1 Concept) or its my luck lol

Are the rotors a appearence mod for you? If not, why would you get cross/slotted rotors if you are not going to even use them for what they are ment to be?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #32
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
I had a similar issue with my Alero. The brakepads/rotors wore out pre-maturely. Took it in to the shop and had them put on Wagner rotors and brakepads all around. Been 5 months and haven't had an issue yet. I also find the stopping is more responsive.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:11 PM   #33
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
BRAKE light

searching teh phorumz to find what you seek ftw. LOL BUMPZ LOL (this thread's title needs to be changed btw.)

erm.

about this "float" thing- I know it's suppose to be located INSIDE the brake fluid reservoir.. but I've never noticed a float inside mine O_o

gonna give it a once-over tomorrow and see what I can find out.. hopefully the fluid is just low. and for those of you who dont realize.. yes my brake light is coming on for what seems to be no apparent reason.. I can lock up all 4 tires (tried it.. never done it before.. the alero can stop on a frickin' dime) so i'm going to assume theres nothing wrong with the brakes themselves..

no "OMG THREAD JEZUZ" crap.. this thread has useful information- beats starting another thread.

edit: this post was made at 9:11 ... i've been seeing this time alot lately both morning and evening

Last edited by Midgear : 07-31-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:23 PM   #34
kniedelm9490
GL Member

kniedelm9490 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kniedelm9490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless View Post
Maybe Ill trade it in on your MOM, SweetNLow says shes a good ride.

haha i dont think he caught that yet
Old 07-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #35
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
searching teh phorumz to find what you seek ftw. LOL BUMPZ LOL (this thread's title needs to be changed btw.)

erm.

about this "float" thing- I know it's suppose to be located INSIDE the brake fluid reservoir.. but I've never noticed a float inside mine O_o

gonna give it a once-over tomorrow and see what I can find out.. hopefully the fluid is just low. and for those of you who dont realize.. yes my brake light is coming on for what seems to be no apparent reason.. I can lock up all 4 tires (tried it.. never done it before.. the alero can stop on a frickin' dime) so i'm going to assume theres nothing wrong with the brakes themselves..

no "OMG THREAD JEZUZ" crap.. this thread has useful information- beats starting another thread.

edit: this post was made at 9:11 ... i've been seeing this time alot lately both morning and evening

the "float" looks like a little nerf yellow cylinder inside the brake fluid reservoir.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:49 PM   #36
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
the "float" looks like a little nerf yellow cylinder inside the brake fluid reservoir.

hmm.. never noticed one in there.. i'll check it out and letchya know-

Old 08-01-2008, 01:36 AM   #37
Cliff8928

The level can also drop (causing the light to come on) if your pads are REALLY worn.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #38
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OK I'm going to lock this thread.

The reason why is this thread was last active during the "Alero bashing" era.

"I don't understand!! What a POS!! A car I have to take care of"

I was tired of it then, I'm still tired of it now.

Not happy with your Alero after 6 years of ownership and you ACTUALY have to do some work to it. Go ahead and buy a car that YOU think you won't have to do ANY maintance to

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Closed Thread