Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #61
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Ben and WOT-Tech FTW!!!

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #62
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Extreme ported 3500 heads are mythical beasts. To put it in basic terms, the intake port opening at the gasket is smaller than the size of the intake valve, or about the size of the seat throat area.

That leaves you with the 3400 heads for all out boost performance. 3500 is still great for boost because they flow well out of the box but they just don't have the potential at the moment. Hard to say when they will, since its been 12 months since they should have been available. It takes a lot of porting for the 3400 heads to outflow the 3500 (street/strip is close, race/boost porting does it). Flowing heads without the manifolds is quite different than comparing with everthing attached.

For a supercharger cam, I only have 1. Its posted on my site and you can see with a stock motor that it takes away power compared to a stock cam until about 5500 RPM. Then it kicks ass. Someday I will have the rest of the simulations done and you can make more comparisons "on paper". I spent a lot of time trying different lobes and centerlines and lobe seperations. That cam is the only one that was close. On a modded motor its better than the stock engine shows so thats a plus You mentioned a high lift cam but really, you don't need it. The 3400 and 3500 heads both flow very well for intake/exhaust ratio. The 3500 is nearly 1:1 flow it with the manifolds on in stock form. I would stick with the stock cam unless you want to rev it past 5500, then I only have one other option.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #63
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
We discussed it earlier on 60degree, i already have a cam and we decided on staying with the stock 1.7 rocker arms and using 3500 valves, maybe the new valves you are working on getting produced if they are done in time.......anyways......cam is

Comp Cams special order roller

230/242 @ .050 duration
280/294 @ .006 duration
.577/.577 lift. 115 LSA
Old 01-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #64
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
What is the ICL? Stock 3500 rockers are 1.6:1
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #65
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle, why do I smell something about to break for some reason (besides your wallet).

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #66
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
hmm that's a good question, and i hope nothing breaks, what do you think i am gonna break? (and my wallet has been broken longer than my motor!!!)

on a side note, I can't find my DAM SPEC CARD!!! guess i'll have to call the machine shop again!! damnit!!