Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Turn Signal Dash Light

Today when I turned on my car, the left turn signal indicator on the dash was dimly lit.

I fiddled with turning my signals on and off (which they seemed to work fine) but the left indicator remained dimly lit. Fiddled with the hazard switch and it went away.

The next few times I use it it's normal.

Then it flashes quickly like I have a light out.

Then it stays dim again for a while. It's behaving really weird. I don't know what would make the indicator show up but be dim. Maybe need a new hazard switch? This car came with the black and red one.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Had something similar.. Everytime I hit the brakes, the left turn signal would be dimly lit.. I went to visually check the turn signal from the rear and the left brake light was flashing instead of the turn signal. The signal would stop working when I hit the brakes when this happened... Turned out to be bulb shortage for me... Just start unplugging the turn signal bulbs and see if it helps with the issue.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
rocketfast321
GL Member

rocketfast321 is on a distinguished road
It free to take the housing out and clean and check the copper lines. Being that it's a 01 like mines, the rubber gasket has turn to paper.
Baby Sandy: 2001 2.4 Grand Am se 1.5 (auto) 32k-119k : Sept.2002-Aug.2010
Mickey: 2001 Alero GL 2.4 5-speed (Nov. 2010) 109k-???
rocketfast321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I just did further investigation, and yeah, it's doing the same thing as Shiwnath. The brake light is dimly illuminating along with the turn signal light unless I wiggle the wiring.

I also just realized that taillight is missing the rubber gasket. It's been open since I've had it. I should've kept the taillights from the red car.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote