Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 11-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Looking at the idea of moving

And Vancouver is a potential spot. I know the 3 year process in citizenship but i figured i could make my way on a working visa. What are some pro's cons up there? I've got a few spots in considering moving to and just wanna get the info on each one.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
From what I understand...houses are very expensive out there, like rediculisly expensive. Also it rains a lot lol.

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4
5.7 liters of gas suckin power!
33x12.5r15 Mud Terrians on 15x10 wheels

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321
nickbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #3
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
And Vancouver is a potential spot. I know the 3 year process in citizenship but i figured i could make my way on a working visa. What are some pro's cons up there? I've got a few spots in considering moving to and just wanna get the info on each one.
Child laws catching up with you Marc. Or are you going to be with snow bunny?

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
^thought she was on the other side of the tundra....?
cherrington17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Child laws catching up with you Marc. Or are you going to be with snow bunny?

no chance at that, that dumb bitch can burn in hell for all i care.

no i just need to get outta chicago for a while. I know houses are costly up there, seattle is another option and a few places in cali im looking at. The weather up there is about the same as it is here though
Old 11-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
no chance at that, that dumb bitch can burn in hell for all i care.

no i just need to get outta chicago for a while. I know houses are costly up there, seattle is another option and a few places in cali im looking at. The weather up there is about the same as it is here though
So, I can safely say she won't be on here for a while, don't want to know!! "Just need to get out of chicago for a while" interprets a I gootta get out og the country now or they don't aggressively arrest 16 yr old molestors.

Why would you leave Chitown after you just opened a bar in Wrigleyville?

Old 11-23-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
Oldsnut

By the way, does this mean we take you off of the OSV group buy list?

Old 11-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
Quote:

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4
5.7 liters of gas suckin power!
33x12.5r15 Mud Terrians on 15x10 wheels

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321
nickbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #9
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I'll be moving early 2009 to Nashville, TN. I can't wait!
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:27 AM   #10
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
come to NC man...the weather is nice and the legal age for girls is 16. Houses are cheap too
Old 11-24-2007, 12:29 AM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
No offesnive Marc, I'll beileve it when I see it

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:50 AM   #12
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
ooh move to cali. better weather than NC. less temp swings. these past couple weeks have been RIDICULOUS!

i personally would hate any of the other places you mentioned.. too cold =/
Old 11-24-2007, 01:52 AM   #13
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
ooh move to cali. better weather than NC. less temp swings. these past couple weeks have been RIDICULOUS!

thats why u have somebody to keep u nice and warm north carolina isnt really that bad at all i been around charlotte and by nags head and also by tennessee border.
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #14
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i went to school with a guy from vancouver.... and he seemed a little outta touch with reality.

but that comes when you can go ski-ing and surfing, in the same day. not due to radical weather changes, it just that they have mountains close which hold snow, and a beach on the other side thats similar to san diego's weather.

but thats also why the cost of living is ridiculous there. everyone wants to live in vancouver.
cherrington17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #15
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^ i know what your talking about

I can drive 1 1/2 hours north and go snowboarding then go back south and be back in the 70s.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #16
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
So, I can safely say she won't be on here for a while, don't want to know!! "Just need to get out of chicago for a while" interprets a I gootta get out og the country now or they don't aggressively arrest 16 yr old molestors.

Why would you leave Chitown after you just opened a bar in Wrigleyville?
haha no, just lived here long enough and now that my family is gonna be taken care of its time for me to start experiencing new things.

The bar is gonna be ran by my older brother and ill still get the revenue from it. Thats more of a business thing rather than a go get drunk thing.
Quote:
not yet because im not moving tomorrow. Obviously there are alot of things to figure out before i go anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleN0alero View Post
come to NC man...the weather is nice and the legal age for girls is 16. Houses are cheap too
Cant do the east coast, its just as bad there as here, id rather head west
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
No offesnive Marc, I'll beileve it when I see it
this is a pointless post....i said im looking into the idea of it dood..geez heaven forbid i ask people about something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post

well see the good thing is seattle/vancouver area is close to cali and thats nice weather all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
but that comes when you can go ski-ing and surfing, in the same day. not due to radical weather changes, it just that they have mountains close which hold snow, and a beach on the other side thats similar to san diego's weather.

but thats also why the cost of living is ridiculous there. everyone wants to live in vancouver.

yea thats what i love about it. i snowboard and ride bikes so its a perfect blend for me.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #17
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
Marc, if u are thinking about moving out illinois. I suggest thinking of a few places you are considering, and checking them out. check out the jobs there, the taxes, cost of living, and which one u would likely want to move too.

IF u think illinois is costly, california is going to be more expensive. If u like warmer weather, I dont think Canada is for you either. Also do some researching on the internet.

Good Luck!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #18
Mischief007
GL Member

Mischief007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mischief007
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Read through that. I know our family went through a lot to even be considered but then again we were moving from Germany to Canada and were Polish citizens.

Vancouver, what can I say. Expensive to live in, everything is more expensive, meh government...lol, low to average paying jobs depending on skill.

Do you specialize in something in terms of job skills? If you have sought after skills it could actually help you out. BC is like Ontario but more expensive to live in generally. That's the consensus of most Canadians.

Alberta might be the choice if you don't mind frigid winters. Jobs are a dime a dozen. Lots of people are moving to that province. Eastern Canada is also supposedly going to be a hot bed for jobs soon.
Mischief007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #19
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 View Post
Marc, if u are thinking about moving out illinois. I suggest thinking of a few places you are considering, and checking them out. check out the jobs there, the taxes, cost of living, and which one u would likely want to move too.

IF u think illinois is costly, california is going to be more expensive. If u like warmer weather, I dont think Canada is for you either. Also do some researching on the internet.

Good Luck!

Well obviously I have to research more than a place to live. I know the cost of living is higher out there and im not concerned about that since i work in real estate. Im not leaving IL because its to costly or to cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief007 View Post
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Read through that. I know our family went through a lot to even be considered but then again we were moving from Germany to Canada and were Polish citizens.

Vancouver, what can I say. Expensive to live in, everything is more expensive, meh government...lol, low to average paying jobs depending on skill.

Do you specialize in something in terms of job skills? If you have sought after skills it could actually help you out. BC is like Ontario but more expensive to live in generally. That's the consensus of most Canadians.

Alberta might be the choice if you don't mind frigid winters. Jobs are a dime a dozen. Lots of people are moving to that province. Eastern Canada is also supposedly going to be a hot bed for jobs soon.

See this is where my job is luckily very demanded. Im a mortgage broker so the pay scale is based on how good i am. And with property values being alot higher over there actually works in my favor. So finding a job would be a piece of cake. Pro's and cons of being 100% comission.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #20
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
I've heard Seattle is really nice. Weather is no better than Chitown though. NC would be my pick, but if that's not your bag go Northern Cali. We have an office is SoCal and it's just hot - nothing else, just hot and nasty (in September!). I suppose it wouldn't be bad if it were closer to a big city or the beach, but it just isn't. In NoCal the weather is gorgeous, and there's mountains and beaches. My cousin moved there to work for Intel and I don't think he's coming back.