Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 02-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #21
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
^ the answer i was looking for... I didn't mean they top out at 500... i mean it is seldom pushed past 500... and especially for daily driving.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
^ the answer i was looking for... I didn't mean they top out at 500... i mean it is seldom pushed past 500... and especially for daily driving.

You're not going to see many cars of anytype that's FWD running around daily driven with 500hp+. FWD cars w/ that much power on tap tend to be 4cyl based, and with that tend to be pushing three to four times the amount of power over what they came with. Most cars with that much power are not running on pump gas.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #23
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
Most cars with that much power are not running on pump gas.
Or clutches that are daily driver friendly.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #24
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You sound ignorant.

Hmmm, indeed. Maybe if I had gobs of money lying around I could afford to do stuff like this all day long like you do. Then I might just sound a bit more edumacated dad gummity!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Ignorant means you're uneducated in what's out there, not that you're unintelligent.

You make it sound like because his engine has 20 PSI of pressure in the intake that his "motor" (electric powered; engine is fuel powered) isn't going to last long.

It's really not that expensive if you buy things as you go. Notice spyhunter's stuff's been going along slowly, it's not like one week it's N/A, next week it's making 432whp.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #26
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
^ that's why they're project cars, not jobs.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #27
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat View Post
^ that's why they're project cars, not jobs.

which is why its fun, you do it when ya wanna
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #28
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beholder88 View Post
Hmmm, indeed. Maybe if I had gobs of money lying around I could afford to do stuff like this all day long like you do. Then I might just sound a bit more edumacated dad gummity!

you're sounding ignorant again.

I don't have gobs of money laying around, I just do my research, have lots of hands on experience, have lots of engine building experience at the shop, hands on problem solving experience at a performance shop, have a grasp of the theories and ideas involved in putting together a motor, I listen, and I go from there. Which in the end turns out to be educated guesses.

I don't have the money to throw at grandma I have other expenses. I pay my through school, not exactly cheap. I have a brand new truck which I just paid off. Home expenses, etc. Yes, I have a decent job, I work in the Las Vegas nightlife, but I still don't get to throw money at the car left and right.

This car is a side project that has been taking time and planning. Obviously and historically speaking I have not been throwing gobs of money at it all day long as you are insinuating. Additionally if you think throwing lots of money at a car makes you all knowing think again. I've met many a guy who has a fast car that they commissioned a shop to put together for them, and all they can talk about is what parts were used, not why, or how or if one thing was better then the other or the challenges that went into putting their ride together.

In retrospect if I did have gobs of money I would have had a sick setup that would be putting out a lot of power. I'd probably be looking at working on another car at this moment, as opposed to my little project that I am involved in currently of putting grandma back into race worthy shape again.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #29
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Alright, so I made a mistake, my bad. I haven't had all the experiance many of you guys have had. I'm just going by what I've heard in the past. Some people think you can just bolt a turbo on to any car and push a crapload of PSI right off the bat. I do know that is bad. As ION said, it's a step by step process that needs to be thought through. Someday I hope to have access to a shop or maybe a job that will get me close to this type of stuff. Until then, it's just a dream and I'm stuck deciphering what everyone else has to say. To me, being a newb and all, 448 WHP and 426 TQ from a 4 cyl sounds like a lot, but I know there are EVO's out there pushing a lot more than that. Once I get more exposure to this stuff, I'm sure I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about. Until then, pardon my ignorance.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #30
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beholder88 View Post
Alright, so I made a mistake, my bad. I haven't had all the experiance many of you guys have had. I'm just going by what I've heard in the past. Some people think you can just bolt a turbo on to any car and push a crapload of PSI right off the bat. I do know that is bad. As ION said, it's a step by step process that needs to be thought through. Someday I hope to have access to a shop or maybe a job that will get me close to this type of stuff. Until then, it's just a dream and I'm stuck deciphering what everyone else has to say. To me, being a newb and all, 448 WHP and 426 TQ from a 4 cyl sounds like a lot, but I know there are EVO's out there pushing a lot more than that. Once I get more exposure to this stuff, I'm sure I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about. Until then, pardon my ignorance.

it takes a lot of work even on an evo.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #31
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
you're sounding ignorant again.

I don't have gobs of money laying around, I just do my research, have lots of hands on experience, have lots of engine building experience at the shop, hands on problem solving experience at a performance shop, have a grasp of the theories and ideas involved in putting together a motor, I listen, and I go from there. Which in the end turns out to be educated guesses.

I don't have the money to throw at grandma I have other expenses. I pay my through school, not exactly cheap. I have a brand new truck which I just paid off. Home expenses, etc. Yes, I have a decent job, I work in the Las Vegas nightlife, but I still don't get to throw money at the car left and right.

This car is a side project that has been taking time and planning. Obviously and historically speaking I have not been throwing gobs of money at it all day long as you are insinuating. Additionally if you think throwing lots of money at a car makes you all knowing think again. I've met many a guy who has a fast car that they commissioned a shop to put together for them, and all they can talk about is what parts were used, not why, or how or if one thing was better then the other or the challenges that went into putting their ride together.

In retrospect if I did have gobs of money I would have had a sick setup that would be putting out a lot of power. I'd probably be looking at working on another car at this moment, as opposed to my little project that I am involved in currently of putting grandma back into race worthy shape again.

I had to bold the parts of this statement that I believe is TRUE. There are lots of builders that simply have a shop do it for them. There is no "hands on experience" or knowledge of why one part was chosen over another. Thus dont gain hands on problem solving skills. These people are simply "wannabes" who never learn anything in the process except to pay someone else to do the work.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #32
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Or clutches that are daily driver friendly.

twin discs are daily driver friendly.