Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Delta Cams

I was just wondering if anyone had done business with Delta cams I contacted them since they do a lot of Cams for honda but they told me they have done quite a few 3400's so I was wondering if anyone had done business with them.

The convo went like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero183
Do you guys do anything GM wise like 60 degree V6's or are you strictly Imports

We do everything from 2 HP briggs, to alcohol NHRA
Odd jobs in shop right now....... 14lb supercharged EZgo golf cart billet roller cam

1926 chev with torque grind !

Hm have you ever done anything with a LA1 the 3400SFI engine from Aleros or Grand Am GTs?

I may be able to get a group by if you guys do

Yes we do lots, flat tappet cams $55.00, roller cams $83.50

They said they would be able to give good prices on cam's for the engines so I was wondering if anyone would interested with a group buy? They can also do 2.4 and 2.2's. I'm still waiting on Specs since he signed off.

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 11-11-2010 at 08:59 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
whoa wait, pretty sketchy, those are some really low prices.. I'll look into it, check around on my other forums ect. and see if anyone has a review

Edit: would they do custom grinds for a group buy or one basic cam?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cyli...ew-review.html

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222575

http://www.d-series.org/forums/produ...r-service.html

so far nothing but good reviews, unfortunately I haven't found anything but imports

Last edited by 03Sleepr : 11-11-2010 at 09:08 PM.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
whoa wait, pretty sketchy, those are some really low prices.. I'll look into it, check around on my other forums ect. and see if anyone has a review

I know they are legit because a lot of people on my other forum use them for High HP builds and such but they also offer mild cams and such. and their prices are like 120 bucks for dual cam grinds.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
that's mad cheap...
Old 11-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I'm pretty sure they will do whatever you want them to do just write it somewhere with the box.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Don't quote me on the price but I know they are usually under 180 or so for single cam's and around that too for Dual Cams
Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Damn I should have looked around more when I bought the cam for my truck. I payed like $200 BEFORE shipping..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I wish I had too I got a Bisimoto cam for my other car :-/ paid like $320

Lol D-series.org is my other site on the group buy on d-series they would video your cam being ground and post it on youtube with your name in it.

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 11-11-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
From what I understand delta does some ok regrinds, but you will need some cores. Why wouldn't you just pony up a little extra and get a good tested cam from wot-tech? Me personally, you get what you pay for, I'll stick with my custom comp cam.

$320.....lol....i paid triple that before there were very many options, now they are down to about $700
Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #10
01GrandAm
GX Member

01GrandAm is on a distinguished road
I had Delta regrind a solid core cam for my supercharged 3500 build. The cam re-grind with return shipping was $106.25. It is also important to note that you will more than likely need new pushrods. The pushrods I ordered from Smith Brothers were $136.96 shipped

I personally would not send out the stock hollow core cam for regrind, but that is me. You are also limited to the grinds they have available, I used to have the sheet, but I am not sure what happened to it.

Sounds cheap at first, but it all adds up in the end.
01GrandAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Doesn't sound right to me.

How can they offer a quality cam for a 60* motor, for 1/4 of the price.

I'll stick with Ben

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #12
01GrandAm
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Doesn't sound right to me.

How can they offer a quality cam for a 60* motor, for 1/4 of the price.

I'll stick with Ben

How?
Because it is a re-grind, they are grinding material off the base circle of the camshaft that you provide them to achieve a new lobe profile.

With that said, if you were to buy a solid core stock cam and send it out for regrind, you would have more money in it that if you were to order a comp cam from WOT-Tech.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I already ordered my cam from WOT-TECH and I'm not upset at this thread

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #14
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GrandAm View Post
How?
Because it is a re-grind, they are grinding material off the base circle of the camshaft that you provide them to achieve a new lobe profile.

With that said, if you were to buy a solid core stock cam and send it out for regrind, you would have more money in it that if you were to order a comp cam from WOT-Tech.

A cam is like 30 bucks max at a pull a part

Also does Wot-Tech not grind their cams? Or are the lobes pressed on?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #15
01GrandAm
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
A cam is like 30 bucks max at a pull a part

Also does Wot-Tech not grind their cams? Or are the lobes pressed on?

Stock cams that GM put in these engines are all press on lobe cams with a hollow core. Aftermarket cams with the stock profile are cast cams with a solid core.

I am not sure if you have ever see a stock hallow core cam break, but I have seen several over the years.

The WOT Tech cams are Comp Cams and they are solid core cams blanks that can be ground to more specs than a stock regrind.