Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #21
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
just remember that Aleros are huge compared to the imports that recieve this stance, so 18's would be the minimum. Depending on the width you are likely going to be at 0 or negative offset. I have 8.0jj +15 on my near and it is just flush with the fender. Maybe using a 1 or 2 aspect larger tire would fill it in a lot better. Aleros seem to have small wheels compared to the fenderwells. Are diamond racing rims even available in 5 lug lol? I only see them on the smallest vdubs and s13/s14

Last edited by mrmike : 05-24-2012 at 11:19 PM.
mrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #22
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Yea they have them in 5x114.3 which will work fine. Also they custom make the wheels for each order and wheels are only like $80 a piece. Im probably going to do 17s 8.5 or 9 wide most likely going to stretch tires as well. Not 205s on a 355 or some dumb like that but maybe 225 insted of 275s

Edit: post up a pic of your wheels!

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 05-24-2012 at 11:24 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #23
mrmike
GL Member

I'm at work right now lol. Do you have a link to the ones you are looking at? I need to replace my stock rims (lost 2 in an accident) and I just know that the ahoes at the wreckers are going to charge me like-new prices because this is Canada and we hate good prices.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #24
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Did some more research 16s are the biggest they go in car wheels :-( you can get 17s and 18 but they are for trucks and heavy as poo
Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #25
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/drwcustom.html

Im going to get this pattern and hopefully that much lip lol

Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #26
mrmike
GL Member

from that link it sounds like they can make anything you want. Thats a miata so those are likely 14's. Just need a bigger version.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #27
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
from that link it sounds like they can make anything you want.

I read on some vdub forums that they wont do 17s in that style. But it was a few years old. Ill call them some time to find out
Old 05-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #28
mrmike
GL Member

They might be a little weak compared to thick aluminum stock wheels. They seem really thin in the hub area.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

You can custom the hub thickness, its on that page!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #30
mrmike
GL Member

yeah but I doubt you could have the strength of a 5" thick aluminum wheel? they are used for racing so maybe its ok.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #31
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

True, if they work on rally and track cars im sure they would be fine on a dd. I have heard issues of them with pot holes but than again all wheels have problems with potholes lol
Old 06-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #32
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

So the verdict is in.. I will be doing this over the fall. I will use the wheels I posted or maybe some rpf1s
Old 06-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
sick dude cant wait to see it
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #34
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Thanks man
Old 06-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #35
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
So the verdict is in.. I will be doing this over the fall. I will use the wheels I posted or maybe some rpf1s

definitely post pics then + part numbers and were you bought all your parts. please
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #36
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Dont have em yet turbo. Ill post em up when I can
Old 06-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #37
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL thanks :P
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #38
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Mr mike I want a pic of your setup...