Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Milzys awesomeness!

Alright well I don't work for milzy I assure you but holy crap I just got on their site for the first time in a few months and I'm really liking what I'm seeing!

Discription: If you're looking to make some serious power with your 3400, but you're worried about keeping your bottom end together, this is the solution to your problem. These race blocks are built to take the abuse of high boost turbo applications as well as high compression naturally-aspirated applications. Complete with forged pistons , Eagle H-beam rods and ARP rod bolts, ARP head studs. Engines are balanced to allow for smoother operation at higher rpm's. Several different compression ratios are available to suit your application. Pistons are complete with valve reliefs to allow for safe lifts well over .600". More details are coming soon.

that comes with stage 1-3 cams of turbo or SC or NA!!!

than you have this

Discription: If you're looking to build a beast of a 3400, these are the heads that will make it happen. These are quite simply the best heads available, bar none. No expense is spared with these heads. Max intake flow is over 290cfm! The valve diameter is increased so much that if they were any bigger, they would hit.

Stage 3 - Full port and polish, port-matching the intake runners, D-shaping/re-angling of exhaust ports, significant bowl work, correcting the short side radius, polished cc-matched combustion chambers

* Race Valve Job (9-angle Intake, radiused Exhaust)
* CC-matched combustion chambers
* stainless steel swirl-polished under-cut valves in oversized diameter (*see below)
* Comp Cams valve springs (160lbs at install height), Comp Cams titanium retainers, and Comp Cams keepers
* bronze valve guide liners
* new Viton valve seals
* assembled and toleranced
* clearanced for safe lifts up to .610"
* milling up to .020 free of charge

and finally

Like WOW! I need that if any of you have had your downpipe off before like I have you will have also noticed that it is double walled Honda Style.. this changes it from 2.0 to 2.5 while supposedly decreasing knock

anyways.. yea i need to start saving up, with buying the block with high compression pistons, and everything else I think it would be making big power, 240-250 range at least...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
meh.

i think the general consensus is WOTTECH pwns.

...but maybe i'm wrong.. i can't keep up with this stuff... i'm no gearhead
Old 05-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
WOTTECH > Milzy
Old 05-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
can we get someone.... anyone... to produce headers for the 3.4 that DON'T cost, our first born child.... and are of good quality?
Old 05-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
can we get someone.... anyone... to produce headers for the 3.4 that DON'T cost, our first born child.... and are of good quality?

I'm with ya man :-/ nice powercoated headers for my C-Rex cost like 200 bucks
Old 05-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
WOTTECH > Milzy

QFT! Price, service, support to the community all are in favor of WotTech. Ben rocks.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I'm not seeing forged pistons and built engines on Wot tech
Old 05-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #8
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
i live less than a mile from milzys store location... they are tuning my car when im done with the turbo... the owner mike is very nice
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #9
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMahanXcorEXx View Post
anyways.. yea i need to start saving up, with buying the block with high compression pistons, and everything else I think it would be making big power, 240-250 range at least...
Those are nice looking engine parts and all, but 240-250 is not big power...
Old 05-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #10
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

to the ground? the Alero makes like 175 under the hood, but roughly 125.8 to the ground so thats over 100 hp N/A

not as much as boost but still something to brag about.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #11
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
to the ground? the Alero makes like 175 under the hood, but roughly 125.8 to the ground so thats over 100 hp N/A

not as much as boost but still something to brag about.

since i have milzy products i guess i should comment. i had my car dynoed when it was bone stock and it made 144whp. after my motor was rebuilt with MMS stage 2 heads and cam along along with everything else that i have the car only made 187whp which is about 15whp less than the fastest gagt with the same mods. my best quarter mile time is 14.9, a full second slower than the fastest gagt with the same mods. granted, my tune needs work but i dont think i will ever completely close the gap on the numbers. with milzy it is hit and miss. i dont have the greatest fidelity in the stage 2 heads. i dont think he has ever produced a flow chart on them. i havent looked at gagt.com in a long ass time so maybe he has. then there was my fuel injector debacle. milzy kept sending me injectors that didnt work and looked like hell. i ended up getting a ful refund so his i am not knocking on his customer service, just quality/fidelity of parts. if i could do it over again i would have gone with ben because everything i have bought from his has been flawless. he even sent me 2 62mm throttle bodies for the price of one! i couldnt accept and sent one back
Old 05-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #12
lvemy3100
GX Member

lvemy3100 is an unknown quantity at this point
milzy + awesomeness = oxymoron

WOT-Tech FTW!

also would like to point out that Ben is going to be adding Diamond forged pistons to his site soon and we (MP Racing) will be offering short and long blocks ranging from mild near stock builds to wild high CR or Boost builds.

Last edited by lvemy3100 : 05-12-2009 at 07:46 AM.
lvemy3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ That's good to know. I will be looking for a block within 2 to 3 years.

I never bought off Milzy, but I delt with him for ASS '08 and he let us down. He just never showed up. He did e-mail me, but he e-mailed me on Friday, the day of our show (or late Thursday night) I posted on here that I will have no computer access after Monday of the week of ASS. I did manage to get on Aleromod after Monday, but no messages from Milzy. The wife and I headed to the show on Thursday afternoon and nothing from Milzy. Scot and I were waiting and he just didn't show

I am currently getting WOT-Tech upper and lower manifolds on my ho. I bought the upper from Fuller and the Lower from some Canadain kid on 60*V6.com. The upper was used and lower was new. I just bought the gasket kit from Ben. His service if top notch.

I will be gathering parts from my Alero soon. I will be getting a cam, rods, springs and retainers just to name a few, all from Ben. Heads are also in the works.

Milzy has a cool website, but from what I've heard, that's about it I will agree the Mike is a nice guy however

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #14
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not seeing forged pistons and built engines on Wot tech

So get the Milzy engine and the WOT Tech everything else, at least until they get those diamond forged pistons and whatnot. Between both companies you could put together a pretty sick setup. Milzy has worked more with the 3800 SC engines than anything. I remember seeing a GP tearing it up in some video from their site.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #15
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Does anybody remember the thread of Ben and Milzy going back and forth

Ben owned Milzy

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 05-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #16
cherrington17
Gone

too bad ben left the site....
Old 05-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #17
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Only for a little while I hope

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 05-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #18
lvemy3100
GX Member

lvemy3100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
too bad ben left the site....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Only for a little while I hope

trust me he still "lurks"..

and I have been coming around here more and more frequently as of late. just waiting to get the word on when the banner stuff is worked out so I can give some money to this site
lvemy3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #19
chevymuscle218
GX Member

chevymuscle218 is on a distinguished road
For the price of the block and all, you could just buy a faster car! I was always told if you wanna go fast, buy a motorcycle,lol. Tried it though and its just not the same...
chevymuscle218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #20
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymuscle218 View Post
For the price of the block and all, you could just buy a faster car!

its not the car, its being different, i want to be different, and i like stock, speed is not everything you know, if you want speed, and can simply throw away a car for another, faster one, then you are not a true modder, look at ion.... he has but at least 3X what the car is worth, and still keeps going, because he likes being different, i think i speak for a lot of people on here, its the car and the chance to be different, not the speed and just the fact that it is fast, its the car and the love of Oldsmobile..