Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #21
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
So how well do milzy's parts flow on the flow-bench?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #22
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMahanXcorEXx View Post
to the ground? the Alero makes like 175 under the hood, but roughly 125.8 to the ground so thats over 100 hp N/A

not as much as boost but still something to brag about.
Yes I meant to the ground too. 100whp gain isn't too shabby, but when you end up with only 250whp anyways, it's not really that much to brag about. For less money you could easily make that much power and more with boost.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #23
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
wot-tech owns milzy.....
Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I say Milzy proves everyone wrong and builds my car as a test car and they prove to everyone by building my car for free, that Aleros can run 10s :-)

after 20k in parts that is...

Edit: that statement made no sense reading from your point of view but it makes sense to me.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #25
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymuscle218 View Post
For the price of the block and all, you could just buy a faster car! I was always told if you wanna go fast, buy a motorcycle,lol. Tried it though and its just not the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
its not the car, its being different, i want to be different,

Exactly, why do you think I was building a Delta 88 for drag racing. Becuase I didn't want to go out and buy a "G" body Cutlass, Monte, Malibu like everybody else.

Also the same thing with an Olds motor. I was told that motor is junk and can NEVER be built to be fast. Why not? Anything you can do to a SBC can be done to a SBO. It is more money, but the look on people's faces when an Olds motor beats a Chevy. Plus you would not believe the amount of arguments that I got in at a few shows with guys telling me that I have a BBC in my car. I think I would know better than them

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #26
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
this is the once and only warning to everyone..........this thread is about Milzy and GM v-6 parts........not hondas or anything else so go off topic again and you will receive an infraction.

Thank you
Old 05-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #27
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
this is the once and only warning to everyone..........this thread is about Milzy and GM v-6 parts........not hondas or anything else so go off topic again and you will receive an infraction.

Thank you

never mind, alright..
Old 05-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #28
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
whoops. thought this was OT.

anyway...

I haven't really checked things out on both (nor would honestly know what i'm looking at) but does wottech have as much of a selection as milzy?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #29
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
No, I only deal with 60V6 Performance.

I was enjoying the honda discussion personally.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #30
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Ben do you have or plan to have a 4T65 tranny swap kit?

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 05-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #31
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
^^ Ben do you have or plan to have a 4T65 tranny swap kit?
watch out ken, you're going to get a warning. that's not milzy, and a tranny isn't a GM v6.

But since a mod brought it up, I'd be interested to know too.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #32
Redog
Aleromod part owner

^^ Well it is realted to Milzy, becasue I'd rather buy from Ben

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #33
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I liked the honda talk too

Aleros are running out of stuff to talk about...
Old 05-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #34
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
The 4T65-E is a work in progress. A friend of mine has the complete setup already, but we are working on reproducing it as a kit (computer, axles, mounts, etc).

He is also working on something else that is really close to being done, and will help everyone here quite a bit. He noticed an improvement in handling, of all things...

Now what was this thread about? That race block and over ported heads? What kind of a race block uses the stock timing chain when the double roller is available? It shouldn't be an option for anyone considering that kind of money for what someone calls 'race'. That is my opinion. I will have all the parts needed to build a race block.

The stage 3 heads? Ill take stock 3500 heads over those. I spent a lot of time and money on 3400 heads, going larger valves and different seats and extreme porting. No expense may be spared for you when you buy MMS stage 3 heads, but no expense was spared by me to determine that 1.84" intake and 1.52" exhaust = junk in a 3400 head. That huge exhaust port? It doesn't flow very well.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #35
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteV6 View Post

Now what was this thread about? That race block and over ported heads? What kind of a race block uses the stock timing chain when the double roller is available? It shouldn't be an option for anyone considering that kind of money for what someone calls 'race'. That is my opinion. I will have all the parts needed to build a race block.

This is exactly why I'm going to buy from you. I saw that timing chain, but didn't want to say anything. 10.5 : 1 CR on a stock chain,

Basicly a n00b saw this on Milzy's site and I'll admit, if you don't know what you are looking at or know enough about it, it's cool.

After building the Delta's motor and seeing and realizing all the mistakes I made (and cost a ton of money too) You learn pretty damn quick

www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 05-14-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #36
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I don't know shit about OHV engines.. no lie there. Though I'm learning, I guess.....