Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Accored coil sleeves..

While reading through some old posts on here and grand am gt i saw some people say that the late 90's accord coilover sleeves would work on nbodys, but i never saw any proof. Does anyone remember this or heard anything about it????

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showt...cord+Coilovers

Another

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showt...cord+Coilovers

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 05-22-2012 at 10:04 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Wow stupid phone. Sorry for spelling issues lol
Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Half hour and still no posts..... I thought this was good news...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Half hour and still no posts..... I thought this was good news...

Welcome to aleromod....where our hottest thread is a "funny picture" thread
Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Welcome to aleromod....where our hottest thread is a "funny picture" thread
lol sad but true.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Seriously guys back on topic... I'd like some discusion on this before i drop a grand on a agx/accord ground control sleeves combo

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 05-22-2012 at 11:12 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Heres what im looking at...

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...u00133770.html
Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
according to the GAGT thread they will fit, well not those specifically but accord coilovers in general.

can you find spring rates for the accord to compare to H&R springs?

you should try those GC coilover sleeves with some AGX struts...I'm interested since I'm looking to upgrade anyways..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

The coilovers wont work they have much diffrent mounting. The sleeves however do. I cant wait! the best part is ground control uses eibach springs which eibach keeps the warranty for!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #10
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
The coilovers wont work they have much diffrent mounting. The sleeves however do. I cant wait! the best part is ground control uses eibach springs which eibach keeps the warranty for!

the sleeves is what I meant, what struts will you be running with them?
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #11
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Agx's or if i can get ahold of a guy i know pretty high up in koni i may see what kind of deal he can get me.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #12
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Hopefully with all that i can get a similar fitment to this

Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #13
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
In addition to the accord, there was a post about a guy who was using the 3000gt/dodge stealth ground control sleeve kit. For a cheaper solution, look up circle track racing parts. Lots of racing series use 2" diameter struts, so you can find sleeves and springs of your choice for cheaper than the ground control kit and better quality than the cheap ebay junk. You would have to remove the lower spring buckets, but that could be done with an angle grinder. It would give you much more suspension travel because you could have longer springs. For even better damping, get some Koni Yellow inserts meant for a 2001-2007 subaru (impreza/wrx/sti). They weigh the same as an Alero, have close to the same weight distribution, and also have the same suspension design front and back as the Alero (I was surprised by this). Just throwing this out there, but there is a chance that a Subaru strut could be made to fit on the Alero (or the Alero could be modified), the Subaru strut is 2"-3" longer stock but has the same travel distance as an Alero. It would give us an unlimited selection of coilovers lol.

Last edited by mrmike : 05-23-2012 at 03:58 AM.
mrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Good to know!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #15
mfuller

Fact is, anytime you lower the car you will lose suspension travel.
If you want the regain some, you need to shorten your struts.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I think i may get ebay ones first to test fit, that way if it doesn't work im not out a ton of money
Old 05-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Heres what im shooting for height and wheel setup wise

Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
looks cool

yeah right!
zearchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
What size/brand rims are you going to use?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Diamond racing wheels as the brand / type. Width, size, and offset I will figure out once I get my coilover sleeves on. I cant just guess on it. Offset will probably be aroubd +15 to maybe 20. Idk if I will use spacers yet.