Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
Difflay
GX Member

Difflay is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Pacesetter headers

Would a pacesetter header fit my stock exhaust?
I have a 2.2 ecotec
Difflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
no. you need to custom fab a down pipe
Old 04-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflay View Post
Would a pacesetter header fit my stock exhaust?
I have a 2.2 ecotec

The ones that I have sitting in my garage have a down pipe that fits to it and tapers back down to stock size, should line up to. If for some reason you get them and it doesnt have that, I wont be using mine.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
The ones that I have sitting in my garage have a down pipe that fits to it and tapers back down to stock size, should line up to. If for some reason you get them and it doesnt have that, I wont be using mine.

Pic of this please
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928

2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
<woj99>
GX Member

<woj99> is on a distinguished road
The downpipe comes with the header, but you still need to get it welded on to your stock exhaust.
<woj99> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post

thank you
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by <woj99> View Post
The downpipe comes with the header, but you still need to get it welded on to your stock exhaust.

this.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
Difflay
GX Member

Thanks guys! It's okay though I'm getting a down pipe and everything else to! So no worries on fitting any of that with my stock exhaust
Old 04-22-2013, 03:46 AM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Just keep in mind, the down pipe will need cut, maybe add a flange on the header DP and your cat DP for easy installation, instead of having it welded, eould be nice for replacement if your cat went bad, but then you would have to cut the flange off and weld it to the new DP when a cat goes bad.

Or just cat delete for easier terms. I have no cat and I'm happy about it, one thing less to replace/worry if it goes out.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
Difflay
GX Member

I'm buying spc2125's exhaust system for the 2.2 ecotec so everything is already set to fit my alero, I just have to weld some of the pieces back together after it gets shipped
Old 04-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
sleepyalero
GLS member

good deal
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
good deal

Ya, I bet your happy about it.

Now you wont have to see all my stupid posts about someone buying my exhaust ahhaha
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

its about time someone got it, you've been pushing it for awhile lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #15
spc2125
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
its about time someone got it, you've been pushing it for awhile lol

Its shipping that has really been holding people back, but im inspecting the long down pipe more and it looks like either there was a tig weld or just an exhaust clamp in the middle of it that I can take off/cut and instead of 7ft pipe... its a 3ft and 4 ft pipe and so easy to ship. But we shall see.

But its piping, and if I end of having to just cut the downpipe, it will really only need to be welded back. And thats cake for any exhaust shop. Even easier because he would only need to bring the pipe, not put car on lift or anything.
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
Old 04-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
sleepyalero
GLS member

yeah im sure he will be happy
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: