Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
Fuel leak.

Ok so when i got the car used a few years ago the mileage was great. but now more and more its starting to get worse and worse.

I have new tires with under 10k on them. keep up with oil changes, flushed coolant. new plugs. new fuel filter.

I only drive under 100 miles a week, and it uses half a tank.

If i drive obviously the gauge drops, but if i come to a stop, it will drop more. and if i shut the car off, let it sit, and restart it again, the gauge will drop even more. this shouldnt be happening correct.

I dont think that this could be the pump, or injectors, because i have tried the fuel injector/ system cleaning stuff, time and again, and it hasnt helped all that much.
whaat im starting to think that it could be a leak. but the problem with that is, that i never see puddles, so im thinking the leak if it is one, is spraying fine enough to just evap? But to check for this how would i look for it, and where would i start without dropping the tank. Rail, or injectors? and with gas prices i really would like to get this prob fixed as soon as possible.

Any advice, or help from ppl that have seen this problem and fixed it would be great. and its in the 2.2Eco forum, so thats then engine size, my cars yr is an 2002 with aprox. 115000 miles.
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote