Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 03-18-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
Deuce_Nukem

well. . . i should be heading to illinois later today to get my 01 alero coupe... so far what i want to do to it is very conservative because i ahve no money, but thats why i'm here. . .

im really looking for a good place to get opinions of stuff and somewhere that people can help me solve any problems i can come up with. this is so far the best place ive found and i plan to hang here for quite a while...

just curious if anybody knows. . .

what's the top speed for the 01 3.4l models? when goes the governor kick in the fuel cutoff? i'm fine finding out for myself, but i like to know what im getting into before i try something...

other than that, there seem to be some very nice aleros here. . . very nice indeed. . .
Old 03-18-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Welcome to the site, you have come to the right place. I believe the top speed is either 105MPH or 108MPH I cant remember, since I owned a 2.4 and never actaully hit the governer in mine but from what I have read it is 1 of those two.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:30 PM   #3
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Wassup! Nice SN
You will definately find loads of info on these boards!......Lots of opinions, too

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
welcome the the aleromod.com family......
Old 03-18-2005, 03:36 PM   #5
wc_alero

Welcome
Old 03-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #6
AleroZ71

Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:
My '02 reached 110mph when I tried it.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:23 PM   #7
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard!
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
welcome. and if you notice my signature, don't start out being an ass... work up to it like the rest of us...
Old 03-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #9
Crolero

Yea around 108 you'll hit the limiter. Kinda fun the first time you hit it and dont know what to expect. :o

Welcome to the family, there's a s***tload of info here and people are just the best. Welcome home. :thumbsup:
Old 03-18-2005, 05:57 PM   #10
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
welcome to the site
Old 03-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #11
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
Welcome to the family. I have a 2000 3.4 and I think it's 108 or 110 mph for mine. Crolero you are right about not knowing what to expect. Even though i'll still get up to the high speed, I'll be flying down the highway and all of a sudden it's like oh a big jerk in the car.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:59 AM   #12
aleroman8

^^^My celica did that the other day. Oh wait, that was the alternator going dead and leaving me on the side of the road. Anyways, welcome to the site and enjoy your stay.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:27 AM   #13
Deuce_Nukem

for an entire week i though i was getting a 3.4l. . . went to the dealership today with the parents, they went in to do the financing stuff, i stayed outside to scope out the car. . .

it's an 01, power everyhting, 6-way drivers seat, remote keyless entry w/ trunk release, 65k miles, tires are only 5k miles old...

so i got done scoping out what i could short of driving and went in to see what was up wiht the money end of the thing, got myself a few chevy keychains, my dad got a few hats, got us 4 new ice-scrapers and 5 can coolies, and we all went out to check out the car since the deal was done. . .

mom and dad were impressed but my little sister says "... it looks like a girl's car" to wich i reply "ok. . . then you dont want me to pick you up from school in it" (she shut up really quick) and my dad and sister got in the back while my mom was putting the temp tag in the window and i decided to pop the hood becasue i hadnt thought to before and about 1/2 way up i saw the "twin cam" cover thats ont eh 2.4l models and had one of those massive buzzkill moments when i realised it wasnt a 3.4l...

hehe...
fortunately, this has to be one of the most peppy 4cyl cars ive ever been in so the buzz came back in a matter of about 3 minutes as i got on the highway...

i stuck around at my aunt's house for a few hours with my dad and my brother came by and me and him went for a spin. . . car's pretty stable in the corners at about 85 but thats as high as ive gotten it... brakes are excellent and power isnt in short supply as highway speeds...

so my opinions after driving the car about 375 miles back to tennessee. . .

good power especially because i made the entire trip in a single tank of gas
cruise control deffinitely works!
the 6-way seat is a big plus on the long ride, but lumar would be nice too
heat works really well with the 185 or 195 degree thermostat (cant remember wich it is [ yeah, ive been reading up a little hehe])
brakes are really good and feel like theyve been changed recently... no slop in the pedal at all
everything feels nice and tight and theres no slack or squishiness anywhere in any pedals, switches, or the steering
the stereo leaves something to be desired but onyl because i had a full pineer unit in my last car w/ a kicker sub and pretty good speakers, but it's pretty damn good for a stock system

my complaints:
i cant seem to center myself on the highway for some reason... this car is about 9 inches narrower than my last car and having room on either side of the car is something ill have to get used to...
the windsheild wipers/lights... uhh... deffinitely a bit different. . . gonna take some getting used to
i gotta push down REALLY far on the brake to shift from park, but everyhting else is smooth and solid without being clunky

the problems:
something's up with the suspension on the right front. . . we thought it might be an alignment issue or something... basically, it pulls to the right just a tad and there's a pretty loud humming sound when there's pressure on the right side... the noise gets louder when i veer left and it disappears and the car is whisper quiet when i veer right and take the pressure off the right side driveline... what could be the matter? we'll get reimbursed by the dealership for anything we have to get done, so what do yall think it could be causing this very loud low-pitched humming? it sucks because it's not just a hum but also a vibration. it doesnt become noticeable until around 45 or 50 mph... any ideas?

one final note: if i'm gonna hang out here for very long, some people are gonna ahve to get over the fact that i type fact and use very little punctuation... consequently, my first language is "typo" and while i can read regular correct english just fine, i cant seem to type it very fast at all. i type fast anyway, so bbe prepared to deal with about 12 dialects of my first language if you read any of my posts...

thanks alot and sorry for the long read...
Old 03-20-2005, 02:44 AM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
welcome to the family. the 2.4 is a good motor and there are a lot of things out there for it and you can get good power out of it.

far as thermostat.............2.4 comes with a 180 deg one.

the noise in the front sounds like a wheel hub
Old 03-20-2005, 06:43 AM   #15
Crolero

Quote:
Originally posted by StockAlero00@Mar 19 2005, 01:02 AM
Welcome to the family. I have a 2000 3.4 and I think it's 108 or 110 mph for mine. Crolero you are right about not knowing what to expect. Even though i'll still get up to the high speed, I'll be flying down the highway and all of a sudden it's like oh a big jerk in the car.
lol, i had an older BMW 524TD and it cut off at 108/110 also but it never gerked out it just keeped doin 108/110. I thought i blew something the first time.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:20 AM   #16
Deuce_Nukem

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Mar 20 2005, 02:44 AM
the noise in the front sounds like a wheel hub
... so youre thinking bearings?
Old 03-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #17
Wild Country
V.I.P. Member

Wild Country is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Wild Country Send a message via MSN to Wild Country Send a message via Yahoo to Wild Country
I used PFYC.com for some stuff when I owned my Grand Prix and they have some good poop for decent prices.

Welcome to the site from a fellow n00b!!!!

Wild Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
|Rev|

Quote:
Originally posted by Deuce_Nukem@Mar 20 2005, 06:27 AM
one final note: if i'm gonna hang out here for very long, some people are gonna ahve to get over the fact that i type fact and use very little punctuation... consequently, my first language is "typo" and while i can read regular correct english just fine, i cant seem to type it very fast at all. i type fast anyway, so bbe prepared to deal with about 12 dialects of my first language if you read any of my posts...
If you are gonna hang out here for very long? Are we privilaged with your awesomeness here??
sorry, that's funny to me for some reason
We don't have to get use to anything home slice, there are people on here that are 300X worse than you are
welcome to the boards newb
Old 03-20-2005, 10:52 PM   #19
stealthlero
V.I.P. Member

stealthlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to stealthlero
welcome dood
stealthlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:13 PM   #20
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point