Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-14-2005, 02:48 PM   #21
germ

and no, the tq is not the same, but yet again, its the 3100, add ~18 to the 3100's #'s and you will have about the same as what the HP kit produced

i dont even know why your even bringing it up, you cant even compare that kit to this kit.

the engines are not the same, the tranny's are not the same, the mods done to the engine are not the same

and good luck with your kit, i wont deny you can put a kit together yourself, the "heart" of my kits are the turbo log headers. finding someone to make those, will not be cheap, and since you got a set of the tubulars from the HP kit, yea, it would be easy and cheap to put one together, however, unless you can fab up a downpipe yourself, expect to spend a LOT of coin on that, if you can do it yourself, you just saved yourself a lot of money.

and for the price i put on my kits, that is a VERY attractive price for what you get compared to what others are giving you for a lot more money.

but hey, hate all you want on me, i dont mind, ive proven that my kit can make power, thats what i claimed it to do, and it make a lot of it for a cheap price.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #22
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
go germ!i may inquire with you on a custom turbo header/manifold for my vw with t3/t4 in the future... think there's any possibilities that you could fab something if you had flanges and such to start with?
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:06 PM   #23
germ

are you talking about your GTI????

if so, i know where you might be able to have some better help than me

if its for a 3400 or 3100 i am sure we can work on something, pm me if your interested
Old 09-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #24
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, for the GTI, there are a few options out there for an updated cast manifold, but i want to go custom tubular.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #25
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Nice numbers on the dyno. Congrats!
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:52 PM   #26
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
My penis is bigger than your penis.
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:16 AM   #27
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by germ+Sep 14 2005, 12:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(germ @ Sep 14 2005, 12:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>and no, the tq is not the same, but yet again, its the 3100, add ~18 to the 3100's #'s and you will have about the same as what the HP kit produced

i dont even know why your even bringing it up, you cant even compare that kit to this kit.

the engines are not the same, the tranny's are not the same, the mods done to the engine are not the same

but hey, hate all you want on me, i dont mind, ive proven that my kit can make power, thats what i claimed it to do, and it make a lot of it for a cheap price.
[/b]

I'm not trying to hate, I just want all the cards on the table for everybody to see since you are making and selling performance parts for the 3x00 motor. And I think comparting kit to kit need to be just for the reason stated above.
Either way, yes you made some decent numbers. Just make sure you post your 12psi #s that will be interesting to see, oh yeah and get your car to a track....

Quote:
Originally posted by germ@Sep 14 2005, 12:48 PM
and good luck with your kit, i wont deny you can put a kit together yourself, the "heart" of my kits are the turbo log headers.Â;-) finding someone to make those, will not be cheap, and since you got a set of the tubulars from the HP kit, yea, it would be easy and cheap to put one together, however, unless you can fab up a downpipe yourself, expect to spend a LOT of coin on that, if you can do it yourself, you just saved yourself a lot of money.

You mean this downpipe..........

<!--QuoteBegin-germ
@Sep 14 2005, 12:48 PM
and for the price i put on my kits, that is a VERY attractive price for what you get compared to what others are giving you for a lot more money. [/quote]

I will give you this. Your prices are very attractive compared to the other companies for people that can't piece together their own kit. I'm not trying to bring down your business or anything. poop, i'm happy as hell that there are finally some decent businesses for the 3x00 motor. I just want to make sure everybody gets as much info as possible.

Happy Tuning,
Kyle
Old 09-15-2005, 10:18 AM   #28
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by b-spot@Sep 14 2005, 03:52 PM
My penis is bigger than your penis.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:59 AM   #29
germ

i must have missed the downpipe picture.

like i said, the HP headers seem to be very nice, nothing wrong with that at all, because the headers and downpipe ARE the hardest things to do on a turbo kit.

and since you got that already, the rest is pretty easy to do.

i wont ever knock the HP kit. for its price and gains that you get, its worth the money, however, im not about to spend that amount of money on something that looks pretty. im a simplistic kinda guy, it just has to work and work well. which i think its proven that it does work well.

also, those headers will NEVER fit a monte carlo, the cyl #2 tube is out way to far, and we have an engine brace/bracket right there by the water pump, so in order to make those headers fit the monte or any w-body, you would have to remove the bracket, or modify the headers. either way, you sacrifice safty or you modify the header to make it work, and then you have to recoat it and etc... to much to do to make it work for the price it costs

so i made an alternitive, that just so happens to work for a few cars, lol