Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 04-24-2005, 07:40 AM   #1
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
The rain seems to have stopped (finally) after a nasty storm last night. We should be fine for racing today unless, of course, the weather stations were wrong and the rain's going to come back this afternoon. I really don't feel like sitting another 8 hours at the track and not race like we did on the 4th.

Redog's worrying about how his times are going to be with the WAI. I'm worrying about doing well today and finishing ahead of everyone else in the Points. I'm 2 points out of 1st place and ahead of everyone else. Let's hope I stay ahead.

I'm sure Ken will update you all on the day's events later. I won't be able to as I will have a family dinner to go to at my mother's whenever I get finished at the track ("No. DON'T set a plate for me becuase I DON'T know when I'm going to get there. It could be 5 o'clock, it could be 8 o'clock!" :rolleyes: Mothers.).
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #2
Crolero

goodluck guys, win one for the Gipper
Old 04-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I ran pretty consistant today. A 15.23, 15.26 and a 15.22. I did run my CAI, It's just what I'm used to

We all lost in the 1st round which sucks major donkey balls, it did start to drizzle a little bit after our runs but probably not enough to cancel the rest of the day (Everybody would have only 1 point)

I raced a 12.45 1962 Nova in the 1st round, I would have beat him. I dialed almost perfect, ran a 15.220 on a 15.210 dial and his r/t wasn't the best. He missed his dial by 1.5 seconds, but I got a -.048 red issed:

In fact I only had one good light today, a .033, the other one was a -.017, ugh, I gotta practice

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
And I double-douched myself yesterday against the current points leader, against whom I usually do quite well. I was going .05 and .04 red in time shots and decided to compensate alitle 1st round by staging a little shallower (went in Deep stage but didn't bump in any further like I usually do). That should have been enough for me but then, like an Alzheimers patient, I didn't take that into consideration at launch and held back for an extra moment. The shallower stage combined with the hesitation resulted in my worst light of the season. Colon (pronounced Cologne) cut a great .008 light and I knew out of the shoot that my light sucked. I tried to hold him off at top end but ended up breaking out in the process. Out 1st round and dropping from 2nd place to probably 7th. The rains came and went several more times that afternoon but probably not enough to cancel racing to delay it enough to prevent them from finishing all 6 rounds.

Next Sunday is the Sport Compact Nationals and I'll most likely race it to get in some more seat time and hopefully win some extra cash for the following week's Points race.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote