Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
HID lumens question

Ok, so I am going to buy HID, but I can't decide whether to get 9005 or 9006 for the low beam. Now i know that it is supposed to have a 9006 in it, but the "mod" for the halogen is to trim a tab and put the 9005 in the 9006 low beam, thus gaining a considerable amount of lumens. Is this the same for HID that a 9005 has more light output than a 9006 hid? or are all 4300k hids the same lumens no matter if they are 9005 or 9006?
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

DansGen1Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
same lumens as far as I know, besides once you put any HID conversion kit, it will be enough light, even if 1 side goes out the other is still plenty bright, lol thats if you stay between 4000k and 8000k, once you start going higher (more blue or violet) the less lumens. I make it a habit to use either 6000k or 8000k cuz I like the tinge of blue. the deeper the color the dimmer they are.

"Vinyl belongs on the side of a house not on a car"
DansGen1Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
jayson_waltz
GLS member

k, thats what i figured is that they were the same, just wanted another person's opinion on it. I already know about the kelvin temp color vs. lumens output thing. that why i'm going with 4300k, i need as much light as possible on the extreme rural roads around here. I'm probably just gonna get the 9006 ones and 9005 highs then for easier installation and no trimming.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
to be honest, I never use my highs any more, and like I said I run with a 6000 or 8000 and roads are pretty rural in bits around here. I love HIDs and if any of my future cars do not have them i will add them. My lexus didnt have them and I added them, people flash me all the time thinking my highs are on, lol even sometimes in the alero

Old 11-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
im getting a 10,000k kit for christmas :/ seems to still be pretty damn bright
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
jayson_waltz
GLS member

^well, they are still brighter than halogen. just not as much. and it will be hard to see in the rain with all the blue.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:34 AM   #7
anthonylarzelere
GX Member

anthonylarzelere is on a distinguished road
i have 10,000 k's in my alero now and i can see great in the rain, the only down fall is cant see very well in the snow and in alaska there is alot of it. when its not snowing i see great the blue light EVERYTHING up but when it is snowing i have like a 10 ft sight range
anthonylarzelere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...ighlight=lumen
Old 11-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
I had 6000K and like was mentioned before, I never had a need to use my highs. In fact, I would almost venture to say my highs weren't as bright as my lows...haha.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
my 5k are definitely brighter than my highs. ALOT brighter.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #11
jayson_waltz
GLS member

well, i ordered 4300k for my lows. but i also ordered 4300k for my highs. so hopefully it should be amazing on the highway. i"m sure i put pics up when i get them in, i dnt think i seen pics of some in lows and highs, and i have the mod so lows and highs are on at the same time.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

dude you will def blind someone with highs and lows on, lmfao

im glad im nowhere hear you on the roads

Old 11-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
jayson_waltz
GLS member

haha, i obviously shut the highs off when there is traffic coming. its just wired so the lows stay on when i turn the highs on. i can still have just lows.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

I know, lol Im just saying if you forget, or in the split second when you see uncoming traffic to turn off, lmao....its gonna be like the sun came up and went down on their ass

Old 11-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

luckily... in ND, theres only like... 10 people. so... 9 left on the road, after accounting for himself.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #16
jayson_waltz
GLS member

^haha i wish, it would be much easier to just leave high beams on. but for half of my 2 hour trip home from here i can hardly turn them on at all b/c of the traffic. but then oin the 2 lane i see like 5-10 people tops haha.