Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 01-23-2004, 02:28 AM   #21
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Jan 8 2004, 11:40 PM
actually Brian, TIG welds them now. a lot better weld. stronger and less warpage. so you will get a little better flow.
actually on SS MIG welding is stronger than TIG.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:35 AM   #22
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by kwicslvr+Jan 22 2004, 01:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kwicslvr @ Jan 22 2004, 01:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Jan 22 2004, 02:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Silentalero
Quote:
@Jan 21 2004, 01:11 PM
turbo is dyno'd at 190hp and alot cheaper than a v6 swap.

IMO that is hella weak, esp for a stage 3 setup. Only like 35 HP over stock
The question should be is if that is 190whp. If so that would be a huge increase in power. Even if it isn't it is a 40 hp gain which isn't bad for a car starting at 150hp. Almost a 30% increase. [/b][/quote]
For the money it is not a good choice, IMO. I can get 190WHP for less than 3G (i'm looking to be about 200+ for the same cost); BTW the site mentioned does NOT include an IC or AC so that adds to the cost of the kit.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:11 AM   #23
Final-Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Jan 23 2004, 07:35 AM
I can get 190WHP for less than 3G (i'm looking to be about 200+ for the same cost);
You can get 190WHP for $200 huh? :rolleyes:

Either somebody has been lying to you, or you're buying stolen parts, or you're wrong about making anything near 190WHP for $200... that's like ~60WHP over stock, so let's hear it
Old 01-23-2004, 11:46 AM   #24
XistenZ

Well, then here is a quick question for you about this...

If someone was to tear down the original engine and replace the parts, or build a 2.4 up with performance parts, what would the increase for a stage 3 kit be abouts?

Somebody I was talking with said he could probably build a 2.4 to put out almost 240 hp..(and seeing the work on his civic engine.....) and if so, what might the top speed of such be in the Alero?

Just wondering.....
Old 01-23-2004, 11:46 AM   #25
kwicslvr

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Jan 23 2004, 02:35 AM
For the money it is not a good choice, IMO. I can get 190WHP for less than 3G (i'm looking to be about 200+ for the same cost); BTW the site mentioned does NOT include an IC or AC so that adds to the cost of the kit.
Actually that is really good. That would be an increase of 65 fwhp. That's a 50% increase in hp at the wheels. That means you are putting out around 230 engine hp. That's above average for turbo setups and more than worth the money. The only other route to go to get that power is to run at least a 75 shot of nitrous as a minimum. Over time that will run you more than a forced induction setup.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:41 PM   #26
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
there is 2.4 built up and running 14 - 20 lbs of boost ranging from 320whp up 400whp. depends on how much you got to spend.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:23 PM   #27
Final-Reality

Mike Kara's on j-body.org has a built 2.4 with an H.O. intake and a mild ported head which dyno'd at 410HP and 405ft-lbs of torque when running 25psi, and he was using 93 pump octane... of course that was with no exhaust, with a full exhaust system that went down to about 360HP...

He also has a TEC2 or TEC3 system to do all the tuning, an expensive setup but I guess it paid off... :P
Old 01-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #28
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
mike is my hero...................LOL
Old 01-24-2004, 11:53 AM   #29
Final-Reality

Yeah... it's pretty bunnying awesome... I wonder how much all those parts cost him in total.. those are great numbers but I still want to do an ECOTEC swap because of it's growing aftermarket and it's a good bit lighter in the nose of my car, so that should help with handling...