Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-18-2003, 02:13 PM   #1
havik

Quote:
I have a 2000 alero with the 2.4 what is the cheapist intake that will work for my application. I found a intake on ebay for the sunfire 2.2 doesn't say ecotec or not I was wondering if any body new if it fit.

Quote:
you need an intake specifically made for the 2.4L.

Quote:
you can make your own

Quote:
cheapest would be either weapon r or AEM

Quote:
I got a cold air intake from Induction Dynamics and it was pretty pricy, but it was all that I could find for the 2.2 Ecotec engine. No one else is producing intakes for the new Ecotecs yet, that I could find besides Induction Dynamics

Quote:
I got mine from Pro Car Parts off eBay for $40. They are $70 on the site and I have a chrome tube not white. One of these days I will dump the filter that came with it and put a K&N cone filter on it.

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.as...L%2DXX24%2DCISX

Theres a few on eBay now from $27. Do a search there using "2.4L"

Quote:
I found some on ebay but I lack the credit card to get one if they to checks I would get one the but I'll probably get the AEM intake.

Quote:
First of all, they've got the 2.4

Second there are atleast 4 different intakes out for the ECO. You just have to look under cavalier/sunfire on the suppliers sites.

Quote:
RSM Racing also makes a inatke for the 2.2 ecotec intakes are easy to find hard to find the right one for the money you have.