Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 01-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #1
CocoaAlero

Has anyone changed their cam tower gaskets? If so, does the timing chain covers need to be removed to do this. I discovered a pretty good sized oil leak
the other day and I noticed oil getting onto the exhaust manifold.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:27 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
is the leak from the bottom of the cam tower or where the 2 halfs come together?
Old 01-18-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
CocoaAlero

It's leaking on the exhaust side. Looks like some from the top of the cam tower, but there's enough oil looks like some may be from where the tower meets the head. I just tried to get a better look and I'm sure it's more than one place.
It's getting onto the motor mount on the passenger side Looks like some
may be coming from the timing chain cover where it meets the block and head.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:56 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well from what you describe, then yes timing chain cover must be pulled. i hear it is a bitch.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:43 PM   #5
CocoaAlero

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Jan 19 2004, 01:56 AM
well from what you describe, then yes timing chain cover must be pulled. i hear it is a bitch.
Yep, they couldn't just make a regular valve cove gasket like 90% of the rest of the gas motors on the planet! :rolleyes: