Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
In need of measurements!

Alright, So in the process of straightening my core support. I've got it far enough forward, but now I need to widen it. so I need the distance from just behind the rubber stops for the hood (outside to outside). can post pics of what I mean if needed. if someone could get me some measurements it would be greatly appreciated.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
like the placement of the rubber stop in relation to edges of the hood?

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
No. Like the distance from one stop to the other. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
I think I might be missing a couple, mainly cuz I took the black insulator/silencer off the underside of my hood, but....

For this guy, I got 24.0" from the very front tip of the front quarter panel (right above the headlight) to the front edge of the bumper.

And these two guys, I got 6.5" o.c. from the center bar of the hood latch.

Hope this helps! Sorry if I missed anything, or I just totally misinterpreted what you meant

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #5
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road

about 44.25" to the edge of the stop

about 44.5" to the edge of the bump
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly how are you doing this?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
Exactly how are you doing this?

Come-along a tree a few breaker bars a rosebud and a lot of patience..
Old 11-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
Come-along a tree a few breaker bars a rosebud and a lot of patience..

That's pretty much how I did it, but that was on a beater (thread has pics):

http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name...wtopic&t=41207

Mine is still off a bit, but car ended up aligning fine and the fix should outlast the engine, I should think.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
WTF -- just looked at you pictures.

That gotta hurt.
there is a collision repair manual out there for the Alero. I can't recall if it got measurements but a GM dealership should get you on the road again.

If something like this happend to me, I'd be screwed. This would mean a new car for me - cause a new Alero would be cheaper than having insurance look at my car that is sooo frigging sad
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
That's pretty much how I did it, but that was on a beater (thread has pics):

http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name...wtopic&t=41207

Mine is still off a bit, but car ended up aligning fine and the fix should outlast the engine, I should think.

damn that was pretty bad, you can't even tell mine is bent unless your right up on it, looking for it. its probably only off 1/4-1/2 an inch but enough to mess with body panel placement. its not bent anywhere behind the wheels so I don't need to worry about alignment.

and to make it even nicer, I hit an opossum on my way home last night (yaay for driving by moonlight), so now everything is nice and clean in there for me and it managed to rip the wires out of my oil level sensor.

and thanks jhubbz and whiterider, exactly what I needed!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
jesus christ!! im dumb founded by what im reading and seeing
i-car is 2-4mm tolerance from point to point, 2nd ya measuring all worn and in the wrong places ya dont measure from the hood bump stop wow!!!

the main 3 things ya need to do to pull and square any strutcual part is this
lenght, width, height if ya dont have any of those nothing will line up

so go from rt side rear bolt on the lower hood hinge, to the first fender bolt and then cross to the other side
then for lenght go from a strut bolt and the bolt that mounts to the headlight mount panle
pretty simple remember 2-4mm tolerance
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
jesus christ!! im dumb founded by what im reading and seeing
i-car is 2-4mm tolerance from point to point, 2nd ya measuring all worn and in the wrong places ya dont measure from the hood bump stop wow!!!

the main 3 things ya need to do to pull and square any strutcual part is this
lenght, width, height if ya dont have any of those nothing will line up

so go from rt side rear bolt on the lower hood hinge, to the first fender bolt and then cross to the other side
then for lenght go from a strut bolt and the bolt that mounts to the headlight mount panle
pretty simple remember 2-4mm tolerance

thanks bdyman, I figured I was doing something wrong. I was hoping you would chime in.