Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-20-2003, 12:09 AM   #1
havik

Discussion entitled: Exhaust pros I need your help

Exhausts discussed:
- Flowmaster
- Magnaflow

Quote:
Ok I'm looking to change my exhaust from a 3 chamber Flowmaster to Magnaflow. From what I hear Magnaflow sounds great on a 2.4. What do some of you Magnaflow guys think. My exhaust sounds raspy/ricey and I hate that. I'm looking at purchasing Stan's header soon and I didn't know if that would give a deeper sound and get rid of that horrible sound or not? Do you guys think it will help it or is it just the Flowmaster?

Quote:
you have a 4cyl..... get some sort of magnaflow that's more straight through than chambered...

remember youll never sound like a V6 or a V8 .

Quote:
Magnaflow is pretty good. If you still have the resonator on there shouldn't be too much raspy noise. Raspy isn't neccesarily that bad though.. i mean there is a limit to the raspiness you want but listen to high-end performances cars and most have a raspy touch to their tone - at least under harder acceleration.
Old 11-20-2003, 12:16 AM   #2
havik

Discussion entitled: couple exhaust ?s

exhausts discussed:
- Dynomax
- SLP Exhaust says for V6, but silentalero has it on his 2.4L

Quote:
i recently installed my custom CAI and i'm looking to do some exhaust work now... i'm looking for something thats worth the price... all I really care about is performance... something that sounds nice would help to (don't need anything you can hear 10blocks away).. but i don't want to really spending an arm and a leg but i really don't want something really cheap thats going to fall apart... what kind of setup do you guys recommened?

Quote:
i would recommend going to an exhaust shop and having them do 2.25 or 2.5 cat back with a dynomax muffler

Quote:
slp is a good choice too.

Quote:
Most brands give relatively the same performance gains, the only real difference is their sound characteristics. Some are dead quiet while idling, while being loud at high rpms, while some are always loud.. etc.

Quote:
depends, which engine do ya have.

i got the 2.4L and slp, n its low n rumbly but still raspy