Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
00sleeper
GX Member

00sleeper is on a distinguished road
how hard is it to install an ass body kit

what kind of tools do you think you'd need and how long would it take?
00sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
An ass one?

You need a drill, some bolts/screws, and some time and cussing at getting the stock stuff off. I installed mine over the course of a few days when I got the time, in a parking lot, in the snow/hail/rain.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
i dunno abutt the ass body tit. lol

you might be thinking about the aas kit

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
00sleeper
GX Member

lol sorry i recently cut my finger off at work and it's hard for me to type..i try to fix them all but some slip by.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
^holy crap
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00sleeper View Post
what kind of tools do you think you'd need and how long would it take?

probly a bit longer than usual, with only 9 fingers...lol.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:17 AM   #7
deathwish666
GL Member

deathwish666 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00sleeper View Post
lol sorry i recently cut my finger off at work and it's hard for me to type..i try to fix them all but some slip by.

well that was delivered in a very calm fashion haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
probly a bit longer than usual, with only 9 fingers...lol.

coming soon: some led's, better subs
deathwish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #8
00sleeper
GX Member

lol they ended up reattaching it but i have no feeling in it it's like my fingers asleep...kinda sucks. haha. and just real quick i could just bring it to a paint shop with my paint code and they could probably paint it for me. and off topic..sorry but to get flowmasters 80 exhaust for the dual pipes in the back, anyone know prices and how long that takes compared to taking to a shop or doing it yourself?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i wouldnt do that, fit it first always, you have it painted you go to install the kit oh no why doesnt it fit, then your takin the car and the kit to the shop and spending more money
why not take the kit and the car to the shop and let them do it
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #10
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
duct tape
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
you have a cut off but reattached finger and you want an ass bodykit...?

let the shop do it. put the grills on first, though, if you're going to do it yourself. it might be a little more pita for them to paint, but it's easier than fitting it on, painting, then taking it off, putting the grills in and refitting.

i know cause i just had my AAS kit fitted and painted and now i'ma have to take it off to get the mesh in.
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
I am finally gonna get my kombat kit put on.. i just took it to the shop last week and my friends there are only charging me 300 for paint and to put it on.... its painted right now... was gonna put it on today but the shop said it was still wet so def tomorrow... willl def post pics of it soon...... and i know i have been away for too long but i am back now to all that member me
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #13
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
damn good deal
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
cliffordwoeller

Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
yea its my friends brother that owns the shop ... I just got laid off from the VW dealership... So I came home feeling depressed and the first thing i seen when i came home was my body kit sitting in my garage....where its been sitting for the last six months since i had bought it. And so to cheer myself up i said ahhh what the hell lets get that put on ... and now i am not so depressed and my girl is getting some sexy ass curves now lol
Old 10-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordwoeller View Post
yea its my friends brother that owns the shop ... I just got laid off from the VW dealership... So I came home feeling depressed and the first thing i seen when i came home was my body kit sitting in my garage....where its been sitting for the last six months since i had bought it. And so to cheer myself up i said ahhh what the hell lets get that put on ... and now i am not so depressed and my girl is getting some sexy ass curves now lol

Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #16
cliffordwoeller

^^^^^^ whats that mean?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #17
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #18
cliffordwoeller

am I just missing something here or what ?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #19
DansGen1Alero
GL Member

DansGen1Alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Yahoo to DansGen1Alero Send a message via Skype™ to DansGen1Alero
bdyman is right, fir it first. I had no experience and I did mine myself.

remove the stock front and rear, match up the front bumper to get an idea of where you need to drill holes, (think 1/4 inch is good) your main holes up front will be the 2 that are at the top (you will see the tabs) make sure the sides are matched up right, may need a friend or 2 to hold sides as you mark your top 2 holes. drill them and once done put bumper back on then you can mark your holes for the side, there is one i think on each side on the front quarters I believe. be carefull becasue those hole are going to be close to the ege of the kit and will be very fragile. Once that is done the only thing left is to screw in the screws for the wheel wells, did i leave anything out anybody?

Back: similar to the front there will be i think like 5 push pop screws on the top you will want to measure, drill those match up, and then you have i think 1 again on each side for the rear quarters (again will be close to edge of kit and it will be fragile, then wheel well screws ( do not beleive you will need to predrill but def screw in before painted to get holes there.

Sides, lay sides over factory skirts and mark spots to drill ( i dont think predrilling is necessary for that either) now on one side i was able to screw the underneath to the underbody with one or 2 screws, but the other side I couldnt, yo may or may not want to do this, and if they corrected the problem with the skirts you may not be able to at all or may be able to on both side, as long as it is secure you shouldnt have a problem. i think driver side I needed to shave some of the front top of the side skirt to fit.

That is what I did and I am sure someone will tell me I did something wrong, but it worked for me, and looks good.

"Vinyl belongs on the side of a house not on a car"
DansGen1Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #20
00sleeper
GX Member

well..i'm putting the bodykit on hold right now and i know it's aas lol felt like a dumbass the first time i made the mistake. I just recently bought 18s and two of them turned out slightly bent so i have to figure this situation out first..eff'n craigslist, either it's gold or garbage with that website and it looks like i got stuck with the later.