Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 12-29-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
supafly837

I JUST BOUGHT A 2001 ALERO WITH A 2.4L AND AN AUTOMATIC (A STICK WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND). I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS EVEN WORTH MODIFYING, AS IT IS JUST AN AUTO. BY MODIFY I DON'T MEAN ALL OF THAT BODY KIT, MILLION DOLLAR STEREO, ALUMINUM SPOILER AND UGLY GRAPHICS GARBAGE I MEAN PERFORMANCE STUFF YOU KNOW TO MAKE IT AT LEAST AS QUICK AS MY OLD 3.8 POWERED LESABRE. THANKS FOR THE CONSTRUCTIVE CRTICISM.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:11 PM   #2
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
umm ok, i vote yea modify
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:40 AM   #3
nex

not to be an ass or anything but turn off the caps lock! ethier you forgot about it or you are a 13 yr old girl about to see the backstreet boys in concert :|

god i rember the days

im mean *cough *cough
Old 12-30-2003, 09:29 AM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
MOD!! MOD!! MOD!! (haha, the caps are for you nex!!)
Old 12-30-2003, 10:10 AM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
even though it is an auto, the 2.4 has a lot of performance stuff out there for it. Yes a manual can be a little quicker but the auto can handle more power, not a lot more but more.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:09 PM   #6
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
why can the auto handle more power? i woulda thought it was the other way around...
Old 12-30-2003, 12:47 PM   #7
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
if you look at the max torque between the 2 you will see the auto is rated higherby 5 ftlbs. But the main reason is the clutch. but once you get that to hold then it's the internals.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:11 AM   #8
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
...never woulda thought that....but i guess if u beef up the clutch then the manual is better, rite?
Old 12-31-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
korey

Depending on what year Lesabre you had, I would wager that the Alero is already as fast. It may not feel so because of the torque difference.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:45 PM   #10
supafly837

THANKS FOR THE INPUT LADIES AND GENTELMEN, AND NEX....IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CAPS ONE, DON'T READ MY POSTS AND TWO, KISS MY ASS! OH BY THE WAY IM A TWENTY YEAR OLD MAN THAT COULDN'T EVEN NAME THE BACKSTREET BOYS TO SAVE MY LIFE. THE LESABRE WAS A 90 QUICK FOR A GRANDMAS CAR