Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #1
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Half way there!

I stopped by the body shop today to take some pictures of the progress. Ric hopes to shoot the car Monday and reassemble it Tuesday or Wednesday. He still has to cut the custom hood before paint, and fix my TSB for the window scratching too. Also, since he already pulled all of the door panels, I took them with me to add new leather to the inserts. That should be fun! They did dent the door when pulling the window trim, but I trust they will fix it before paint so MEH!

Click any picture for a larger image.

My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet man!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
How do they prevent the window scratching? My side windows are practically white from scratching. I know what causes it but how is it fixed?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
custom hood?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
How do they prevent the window scratching? My side windows are practically white from scratching. I know what causes it but how is it fixed?

If you send me your email I will send you the info how to. You will have to replace your glass though after the repair.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
custom hood?

Yes sir... You will see it at ASS. It will be the only one like it.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
This thing is going to look good! the kit looks like its went on good and thats some pretty quick progress for all that. good shop. have fun reupholstering your door panels, I had my interior stripped doing that when I had my wreck, the how-to helps a lot but it just doesnt capture how much of a pain in the ASS it is... I will say, hot glue and a drimmel are your friends
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
If you send me your email I will send you the info how to. You will have to replace your glass though after the repair.
How bought you post that for everyone here bud?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
x2 even though my alero does not have the problem.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post

I have the TSB with GM repair info but it's not really a how to do it yourself. I can upload the file as a picture later and post it up.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
If you don't mind me asking how much will it cost you? (and what all did it include, Rust will be taken care of?)...

Feel free to PM me if you don't want it on here

Last edited by Mike The Canadian : 05-23-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Mike The Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
fisdad

My car is clean and I don't have much rust, but he is going to repair what's there. I have a very little on the inside lip of my rear passenger door and a tiny bit on some brackets under the rear bumper.

Included in this job:

Paint Prep: Includes: (Remove all lights, door handles, window trim, side trim, sand, rust repair Rear pass., Hood repair)

Repaint exterior with minimum of 1 base coat and 2 clear coat of PPG or Sherwin Williams paint

Repair rock chips on hood

Repair hood front drivers corner and seam seal

"Dig out" rust on inside lip of Rear Passenger door, seam seal and touch up paint

Reallign passenger front fender (if needed)

Fit and Install Razzi 4 piece body kit

Fit and Install 6 piece Grand AM GT door moldings and rocker moldings and blend into Razzi skirts

Paint tail lights in pattern with body color paint GM 528F (customer provides picture)

Repair and repaint door pillar appliques (glossy black)

Wet sand and Buff

Install customer supplied muffler (Weld and Allign to kit)

Fabricate hood scoop in center of hood line. Customer Supplied photo

Repair paint on roof, deck lid and spoiler

Repair window tracks via provided GM TSB

Replace Scratched driver door glass and scratched rear passenger door glass
Old 05-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Wow you're going to have one awesome car!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #14
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
razzi kit and ga gt moldings? interesting...
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
You need to come to our car shows we have every weekend fisdad
Old 05-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
You need to come to our car shows we have every weekend fisdad

I plan to start coming soon. I just didnt want to show up with a bone stock alero.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

We have meets in greenwood and in fishers
Old 05-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
fisdad

Quote:
We have meets in greenwood and in fishers

Well I live in Greenwood, so that won't be a problem once I get my car back.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Its right off 465 on east street idk if you know where tru motorsports was but its in a huge parking lot.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #20
fisdad

Quote:
Its right off 465 on east street idk if you know where tru motorsports was but its in a huge parking lot.

Near the old Ramada on 31 and Thompson?