Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
projectalero

Cat back exhaust????

i went to a muffler shop yesterday to see about how much an exhaust system on my car will cost. I showed him the muffler(flowmaster 80 series crossflow) and told him i wanted 2 1/2" cat back system. He told me it would cost 150 just to hang the muffler and put the tailpipes w/ no tips!! I asked him how much for the cat back and he swears to me that there is no point in it. He says it wont gain power or sound by adding a full cat back system. Have i lost my mind or is this guy right?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
hes lost his mind if hes charging 150 to weld a muffler on :P

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
that guy is an idiot
Old 11-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
i think this guy went to the wrong school in busniess, last i checked, you give the customer what they want, just give the price and see if they take it.....if you dont know anything about but your doing then keep your mouth shut.......lol this dude knows less then i do and thats very very sad. the extra size in the pipe will give it better air flow which makes the muffler sound a bit better and in most cases, a little lower tone to it which most of us want anyways. wow......just wow, it costed me $300.00 to get my catback system installed with 2.25" pipes and it was worth it
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
burg03

This guy has got to be mad!!!! He is turning away money. He has got to have the brokest(if thats a real word) exhaust shop on the planet!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
he obviously doesnt know what he is talking about, go somewhere else.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:38 AM   #7
bringeroftruth

shit man im sorry, i got my muffler put on for 30 dollars including a new tip. to be honest you need to find you some good ole boys, they will do n e thing for some quick cash.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:46 AM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
run away.....FAR away.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:49 AM   #9
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
run away.....FAR away.
I think Blackjack just said it all.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
projectalero

Thanks for the advice guys. Sorry it took so long to respond. I did finally get the exhaust put on my car by a shop two blocks down from there. I got a cat back system with no tips at the time for 128(tax included). I sounds nice and it did get a bit of a gain. I notice it mainly from 3k and higher. It has a decent tone. I thought it would be louder, but im not complaining. Now im trying to find out what tips to put on the end. Thanks again guys