Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #21
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwnerAgain View Post
He actually got the hood because he liked it and had the money to spend. Plus you know how many people talk to him about his hood, then they realize his is functional and theirs isnt? They are actually pretty surprised. Why you trying to be a rooster, just because of the argument we had in OT? I guess thats why you made that last statement.
oh, that was just an observation. If I was being a rooster intentionally, you'd be looking for another box of Kleenex. To tell you the truth, I didn't even remember having a previous argument with you. Guess it really didn't affect me as much as it did you.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:19 AM   #22
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
oh, that was just an observation. If I was being a rooster intentionally, you'd be looking for another box of Kleenex. To tell you the truth, I didn't even remember having a previous argument with you. Guess it really didn't affect me as much as it did you.

lmao............
Old 11-08-2006, 01:19 AM   #23
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Quote:

LMAO, I think the last time I cried was at my grandpas funeral, about 2 years ago. Trust me, I think this is funny and I'm laughing, so if you need the Kleenex's go right ahead. It didnt affect me at all, I just figured since we had that little discussion in OT, I figured you would start shooting negative comments or replying in what I have to say, but hey what can you do about immature people, LOL, J/K. But if you have anything else to say, you can say it, OK?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:48 AM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
aw, gee thanks. so nice to have your approval. I dont dwell on things (or people) for that matter, because it's really not as important to me as it is to others. That's why I had no idea about an earlier argument, I haven't even gone back to look again because ....who cares? Just let it die, and get on with your life, you'll feel so much better.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #25
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Quote:
aw, gee thanks. so nice to have your approval. I dont dwell on things (or people) for that matter, because it's really not as important to me as it is to others. That's why I had no idea about an earlier argument, I haven't even gone back to look again because ....who cares? Just let it die, and get on with your life, you'll feel so much better.

Its not that important to me either, I could give 2 shits about what happened then and whats gonna happen in the future. I havent changed my life and wont for that matter.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #26
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I'm happy for you, and with what you just said, I'm expecting not to hear from you again about it.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #27
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Do you two need some time alone on a private thread haha lol

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:01 AM   #28
boostnsrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
A stock Alero will NEVER hit 100 MPH in the 1/4 mile.

100 in the 1/4 mile is around low 14's to high 13's

I ran 14.5 in the 1/4 as my fastest and was clocked at 91.94 MPH
is that you guys ever think about is drag racing the 1/4. anyone here interested in all around performance?? anyone here ever do any track days at road courses? so many of you talk about nothing but 1/4 mile times and only own a street car. if 1/4 mile times are all you think about then why not spend some money on the tranny and get new gearing or the differential. serious tranny work will put a car with stock everything else in the low 12's im sure. so everyone quit spending money on intakes and shti go all tranny work from now on.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #29
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ I'd love to road race the Alero, but there aren't too many places around here that have that

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:46 AM   #30
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i for one, dont have $3k to dump into my tranny. where as my custom cai was $40.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #31
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostnsrt View Post
is that you guys ever think about is drag racing the 1/4. anyone here interested in all around performance?? anyone here ever do any track days at road courses?

I used to do open track days at the road course all the time. I had my car handling pretty well too (I gave a few "Oh, $h!t" rides back in the day)......it just gets really expensive, both in car maintenance and track fees ($150 minimum for a open track day @ a road course, versus maybe $30 to drag race all day).

Old 11-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #32
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yup, cost me about $20 in gas to get there, and $20 to drag race all day. One day, I might build an autocross Alero, but if I do, there are gonna be some major changes under the frame.....starting with an AWD transplant from a Pontiac Aztek.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #33
boostnsrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I used to do open track days at the road course all the time. I had my car handling pretty well too (I gave a few "Oh, $h!t" rides back in the day)......it just gets really expensive, both in car maintenance and track fees ($150 minimum for a open track day @ a road course, versus maybe $30 to drag race all day).

man thats a great pic.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:13 AM   #34
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
I'd spend the $150 on a road course in a F'n heartbeat VS the strip. More skill, action needed. Hey mfuller is that pics taken at Road America?

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #35
mfuller

Quote:
One day, I might build an autocross Alero, but if I do, there are gonna be some major changes under the frame.....starting with an AWD transplant from a Pontiac Aztek.
I don't think it'll be worth the weight gain.....
Old 11-16-2006, 09:55 PM   #36
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I don't think it'll be worth the weight gain.....
Let him dream his dream. He'll wake up from the nightmare!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:13 PM   #37
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

yeah, cuz we all know that I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. I think with the HP I'm pushing, the weight gain will be negligible with everything else removed. Guess I should take the turbo out of my car since the extra weight just drags me down.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #38
xbxradxsx
GX Member

xbxradxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, that's true bj
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
xbxradxsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #39
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
yeah, BJ knows his shit
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #40
mfuller

Power to weight is not the end-all-be-all for autocross like it is for drag racing. It's all about making the car handle. Weight is your enemy. It is not uncommon to see lightweight Miatas whipping on Corvettes on the autocross course.