Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #1
sud1616

sud1616 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there any validity to any of these things or are they just all scams. Seems that some of them actaully might work judging by the feedback left by the buyers (in the feedback forum, not the "testimonials"). I get the concept they're marketing but it can't really make that much difference can it. I know you all have discussed these gadgets before but, I just wanted to throw this out there.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
...link???
Old 05-09-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
sud1616

There are several but I'm sure you know kinda what I'm talking about if you've ever searched ebay for anything for your car. I've seen them from a couple bucks up to $45-$55. I'm sure some of them are just resistors but didn't know if some of them may actually be legit. Just curious that's all. Stumbled across a few today and just got to thinking aboutt hem and figured somebody here must have some insight on them.

http://gbox.20megsfree.com/
Old 05-09-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
It seems kinda shady to me....they're using a free web provider as their homepage...just doesn't sit well with me
Old 05-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Seem a little shady. Like they list the Grand AM and Alero as compatible but each of those cars comes with 3 Different engines, the 3400, 2.4 and 2.2 Eco. Looks like you just cut the wires for the sensor in the intake and wire it in. I am pretty sure that is just how the ebay crap works.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
Crolero

yea, its probley just a resistor in there. im sure it wont do anything. the funny thing is that its the "Stage 1". im sure "Stage 2" is waaaaaay better.

If you want something good for that price get a b&m shiftplus to give you better shifting.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #7
Grouch

I can answer that without a link. Crap. Unless it's from ASE or DHP. Can't think of any other valid ones.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #8
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
They might as well call it a mystery box
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:17 PM   #9
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Grouch@May 9 2005, 03:12 PM
I can answer that without a link.Â;-) Crap.Â;-) Unless it's from ASE or DHP.Â;-) Can't think of any other valid ones.

Hey now, someone on here was running a Jet module for awhile, and THAT'S got some cool led's on it that light up when the engine's running.....Nothing spells performance like a box with lights on it. :grin:

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #10
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah those are supposedly a box full of resistors...just to throw your enigne off. Might as well put a firecracker in your spark plug hole and tell people its for hotter spark.

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
"Nitro Box" ?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Save your money

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #13
sud1616

Oh I wasn't going to buy one, just seemed a little tpp shady to me. I was just curious about the legitimacy of them. Obviously the ones that run a couple bucks are a scam but I wondered if there was anything to theones that run more. Still I'm not gonna buy I was just wanting some input from you all. I'm sticking with the tried and true methods of modification, not the shortcuts.