Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-09-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
Marfless
GX Member

Marfless is an unknown quantity at this point
First i need to take the (front) door panels off... how do I do that?
Second What are the specs of stock speaker in the door (its an 99 alero).

This because i wanna put an amp the front speakers... or do you think buyin new ones is better?

thanx in advance

Marfless
Marfless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 09:30 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Removing this is 3 steps:
a. First, look at the door. You'll see under the door-sill that there's a plastic piece with a small notch in it (right above the pocket on the door). Pry this off with a small object (probably your flat-head screwdriver). Remove the 2 phillips screws.
b. Pull the bottom part of the trim off (it has 2 clips on it; don't lose 'em).
c. Run the flat-head around the top piece of trim and it'll eventually pop off. The switches are a pain to get out (especially the driver's side window switch), but remove 'em and you'll have a much easier time.
Step 4 done!
Old 12-09-2003, 09:31 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
far as specs on factory speaker, good question. you could push 50 watts to each fine but x-over so nothing under 120hz goes to them.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:26 PM   #4
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
i push 300 rms to all of mine. been like that for a year or more.