Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
gotta love employee discounts

so today i priced out pads and rotors for all four corners, fuel filter, and a fuel pump. the grand total was $276.26. the pads are the second best ones they offer and rotors are the best ones they have. pads have a 2 year warranty and the rotors have lifetime warranties along with the fuel pump. only problem is i cant put anything on until friday because all our bays are full until thursday night/ friday morning. ill do a how to with pics of the fuel pump removal and install if anyone is interested.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
i want your rims lol

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
i want your rims lol

haha i love them! too bad i cant put them back on for another 3 months or so damn Michigan winters!
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 12-15-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
How to would be great!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
ill do a how to with pics of the fuel pump removal and install if anyone is interested.

have fun!! it sucks!! but if you have a lift it shouldnt be that bad..
Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
alero_bmxer
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
have fun!! it sucks!! but if you have a lift it shouldnt be that bad..

haha i have 12 lifts and almost $80,000 worht of snap on and mac tools at my disposal so it should only take a couple hours

Old 12-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
All the tools in the world won't help you if you don't know what you are doing....
Old 12-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
alero_bmxer
GL Member

well plus i will have our online repair program and 3 guys with 20+ years of experience so i think im pretty much set

Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

You should be fine then!! Personally I would just watch and learn and let them do the work!! lol
Old 12-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
I dunno... I did a fuel pump in an Alero at a shop the other day... 2 bolts and the tank drops.

Took like an hour tops.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
kwhauck
2Screwy

I guess the only time I had to change one, was in the rain in a gravel parking lots with a stock scissors jack......
Old 12-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #12
alero_bmxer
GL Member

Quote:
I guess the only time I had to change one, was in the rain in a gravel parking lots with a stock scissors jack......

haha thats a shitty deal right there. well cant do the pump this week wont have the time but brakes will be on tomorrow!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:

Omg, yep that'll make it a complete nightmare.