Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
car freaked out

Well yesterday after workI went to start my car, it was cold, started right up but the horn was stuck on. After anything to pull fuses it wouldn't stop for 5 minutes. Then I hit the horn again and this time it stopped. But on the drive home the needles were freaking out, bouncing all over and stuff. Ad the airbag like, seat belt, security, service vehicle soon, battery, and a few other lights were coming on and off. So I get home and after a few hours go out ad start it, everything is fine. Has been since then, except the airbag light flashes a few extra Times on start up now. I have no idea what happened, any ideas?
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
air bag light will flash 7 times before shutting off unless there is a fault and then it will flash 7 times and remain on.

all the other things... sounds like you have possibly multipule issues. i would like to assume the horn is one issue. everything else waking out sounds like a power mode issue. ignition cylinders are known for going bad and causing a lot of issues.. as well as water leaking around windsheild and getting in the fuse block and causing isses there. i would check those two first cuz its easy.

inspect your carpet for water first. check up under the dash for signs of water. look at your fuse blocks for corrosion. (the underhood one has issues too)

as far as the ignition cylinder goes USUALY but not always you can proove there bad by wiggling the key and dupicating the concern. or you could take a test light and tap into the fuse block on the passneger side of the dash. your airbag light is the best bet and then wiggle the key. look for that test light to flicker.

the reason i mention the ignitino switch is i worked on a malibu and the customers complain was drivers window was inop. during inspection i found all windows inop/all minor guages inop/and gear select indicator inop on DIC. all that stuff plus air bags, sunroof, and a few otherthings all share the same fuse block (passenger side) AND most importantly all share ignition 1 OR ignition 3 (dont remeber which one). so if the ignition lock is going to hell and effecting that circuit your going to have mass problems but your cars still going to run and drive normally.

p.s sorry for the massive spelling issues.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Just woke up toy alarm randomly going off. T went off on its own after a.second. but now the home doesn't work. No1 was tying to break in or anything. Complety random. And no, no water.leakage or anything, fluids are fine, everything still works fine. It was fine when I started it this time, Wtf it going on with it?
Old 12-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Horn fuse is popped... Wtf?
Old 12-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
is the horn still going off with fuse popped? sounds like you have a short either way.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

No. It stopped when the fuse popped.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

if you replace the fuse does it start blowing again? if you slap the horn button aroudn will it stop? process of elimination

Last edited by a.graham52 : 12-10-2011 at 10:17 PM.
a.graham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #8
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
also, you may want to get your battery and alternator tested... maybe the alternator is not charging or overcharging the electrical system and is shorting things out?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Its deff a short somewhere

Sometimes when I start my car with a near dead battery while my car struggles to start the trunk randomly pops open lol
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:56 AM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post

Sometimes when I start my car with a near dead battery while my car struggles to start the trunk randomly pops open lol

That's funny

I'd say the BCM got wet

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Had a few min and tried to figure it out. The horn is shot. It just kinda clicks when I press it, no its not a relay. It won't make any sound at all other then that. But it didn't blow a fuse this time. So, upgrade horn ideas? I want to get it fixed but with one that will sound a bit better. For now I'm just going to leave it fuse out, it kinda nice not having honk when I lock it, and I never use it. My only concern is for the alarm...
Old 12-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
Had a few min and tried to figure it out. The horn is shot. It just kinda clicks when I press it, no its not a relay. It won't make any sound at all other then that. But it didn't blow a fuse this time. So, upgrade horn ideas? I want to get it fixed but with one that will sound a bit better. For now I'm just going to leave it fuse out, it kinda nice not having honk when I lock it, and I never use it. My only concern is for the alarm...

train horn .

Hook it up to your alarm if anything will scare a thief its somthing over 100 dB blasting out his eardrums
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

what is required to hook one up? iv never messed with a horn or anything of the sort before. i know reddog has the huge compressor and stuff, i just want something that would be a fairly simple drop in.
ps, manwhore, you new pic confused the eff out of me.