Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
dt_freak1

01 Alero GL coupe with premium monsoon factory system. its the Class 2 Databus they are referring to though its not the stinking airbags lol. its your warning chimes and possibly gauges. the GMRC01 if necessary is $100 but i got mine for $60 because i have a good friend. in case you havent seen my ride's system or whatnot im running Alpine CDA-9825, Alpine Type X 5.25" components and Boston FX93 6x9s along with an Alpine MRV-F345 amp. i also have the KCA-420I interface for my iPod Video. to all eagle eyes who noticed a difference from my old posts...i sold off my bass system to a coworker and made the money i wanted out of it. upgrades will follow over this coming summer as im getting a new job in the next week and will be making a ton more cash and have it easier then ever at work . future mods: Alpine Type R 6x9s, new Stinger 200 Ampere Alternator and 2 Stinger Redtop batteries and a relay for them. late future one Alpine MRV-1005 monoblock amp and 2 Alpine Type R 12" subs. for simplicity and only 2 amps ive decided to go with Type Rs instead of Type Xs. ill post as i update my system in the future though its going to be slow goings with my 2 trips to Peoria looming on the horizon for my cousin's wedding.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:15 AM   #22
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
As far as i know, the air bag system DOES communicate on the Class 2 databus, but should not have any influence from the radio being removed. There are many things in GM cars that communicate via class 2 including but not limited to the BCM, PCM, Radio, Airbag Module, Instrument Cluster, Onstar VCIM, XM Module, Audio Amplifiers, Remote keyless entry module, etc..

The whole airbag going of when the radio is removed was some freak occurrence that happened on the J-Bodies for no apparent reason.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:51 AM   #23
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

whiteliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to whiteliquid Send a message via Yahoo to whiteliquid
03 and up are the only gm models that should require the expensive harness, to not lose chimes.

I have two of them, only paid 100 for two, One of my friends at best buy bought them for me as a "birthday present" aka just because.

Maybe you dont need them for anything but just the chimes, but i like to make sure everything is working like it is designed to, not the cheapest way i can find.

WhiteLiquid
whiteliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:30 AM   #24
jlenko
GX Member

jlenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jlenko
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff8928@Apr 29 2006, 09:15 PM
The whole airbag going of when the radio is removed was some freak occurrence that happened on the J-Bodies for no apparent reason.

No it wasn't... it was some tech making up poop. No airbags ever went off when they weren't supposed to....

The whole rumour about airbags and j-bodies... wrong wrong wrong. The airbags still work fine when the car hits something solid... even with no radio at all. I have proof, unforunately
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #25
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I know there was something sensitive about J-Bodies and their airbags though. There is a specific TSB about it.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote