Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 11-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
My new To-Do list...

Okay! Went to my mech yesterday to put my winter tires on and check a few things. Results :

-Front Bushings are almost completly out of position

-Rear Bushings are shot, but can wait

-I'm leaking oil now from what looks to be the valve cover gasket

-We tested some of my sensors to see if there was one shot that could explain why my car dies on me sometimes. Or why the RPM stick to a certain revolution even if the butterfly and throttle cable work perfectly. I think my IAC is going bad, because this is what regulate the idle, and my mech told me this could be the cause of my car stuck at 5000 rpm without my foot on the gas that last time I went to the track.

-Also, car was at idle, we were both over the engine bay, my mech touched the TPS wires (and those wires only), and the car REV!!!! Both of us looked at each other like that

Luckily he has that big scanner thing that can see all, and I say ALL damn sensor value on the car lol. And all seemed normal besides some TPS values. We took it for a drive and all was fine on the values with load on the engine. Our guess is that the IAC sometimes gets stuck open. Also I could have bad connection to my TPS.

For my valve cover gasket, I'm guessing they didnt like boost very much. What type of gasket should I use? Any brand I should look at? Where to buy?

As for the gasket, I know I should just go with polyurethan ones, but where to buy? and also is there a big difference in price VS stock ones?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
-I'm leaking oil now from what looks to be the valve cover gasket
Along with most LD9 owners. Mine leaks on the spark plug side of the exhaust cam tower.
Quote:
-We tested some of my sensors to see if there was one shot that could explain why my car dies on me sometimes
IAC and TPS, replace 'em.

Quote:
For my valve cover gasket, I'm guessing they didnt like boost very much. What type of gasket should I use? Any brand I should look at? Where to buy?

As for the gasket, I know I should just go with polyurethan ones, but where to buy? and also is there a big difference in price VS stock ones?
It's just because it's a common leak, nothing to do with boosting or not; it's your camshaft tower cover gasket. Just make sure it's not twisted or an thing when you put the new one in, it's just like a wiggly line gasket that sits in a cutout.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Quote:

They are pretty cheap pricewise, so the price difference isn't much. I'd goto napa and buy whatever one they sell there.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
when you change your gasket go ahead and change your cams while you are at it....hell go for a build
Old 11-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Vinalero
GLS member

hmmm Huge typo there, on my last sentence, I meant "Bushings" instead of "gaskets" lol

So, Where should I buy poly bushings from, and what is the price difference btw stock bushings and poly ones?

Quote:
when you change your gasket go ahead and change your cams while you are at it....hell go for a build

hahaha Yeah, well if I could find some secret cams cheap, that would do it. Any sellers?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
hey junkyard diving...
Old 11-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
hey junkyard diving...

Forget it.. Around here, all the 2.3 HO are out of the junk yards lol

Ive been to 4 junkyard already. I've also looked over on Ebay, which often have secret cams auction, but I'm kinda nervous to order something picky like this on ebay.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
c'est quoi au juste les bushings que tu as besoin ??? je les ai tout en uréthane moi....
hahah and nobody understand now...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've also looked over on Ebay, which often have secret cams auction, but I'm kinda nervous to order something picky like this on ebay.
nope that's the best place to buy em lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
I took french in high school, so let me know if this translation is good...
What kind of bushings do you need???
I have urethane myself....
I think I got it....
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #11
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiguilandry View Post
c'est quoi au juste les bushings que tu as besoin ??? je les ai tout en uréthane moi....
hahah and nobody understand now...

All the back bushings, and both front ones. I can't really say which ones, but those that prevail the moving thing in the direction from hitting the frame For your Bushings, I know you showed them to me, was it expensive?!

And guigui, if you have some prices on camshaft tower gaskets or sensors where you work, plz save me!

By the way Nick, its almost what he said, but considering he said it in common language, in proper language I don't even know what a bushing translate to in french lol.

Quote:

Last edited by Vinalero : 11-12-2008 at 11:04 PM.