Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 02-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
then it is likely a problem with the bulb...if not then the problem would most likely be the purple wire in the harness.

Saying its the bulb is very misleading. The high beams and the lows are seperate circuits and most likely wont effect one another. Also there is more then "the bulb" that could effect the light circuits.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post

Not true at all! Dialectic grease will NOT effect the circuit UNLESS u put soo much grease on the terminals that it physically keeps the circuits apart. It's there to help promote an electrical connection between berween the terminals. However your right that it does not conduct electricity by its self. It's good stuff! Highly recommend it with connections out in the elements. Google it up. U will only have issues if u miss use it. GM even recommends issuing it to stop "fretting corrosion"

Thanks for clearing that up! I've always been told to avoid using it on connections because it won't conduct as well.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #23
MiLo
GX Member

MiLo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ill ask what I asked earlier. Are your tires properly inflated? How's ur power steering fluid level? Does this concern happen on loose ground like dirt or snow?

yeah tires are on point, power steering is good, this happens any time i make a left turn. sometimes it loosens up mid turn but yeah every left turn. other wise shifting from lane to lane is smooth.. so idk
MiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #24
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLo View Post
yeah tires are on point, power steering is good, this happens any time i make a left turn. sometimes it loosens up mid turn but yeah every left turn. other wise shifting from lane to lane is smooth.. so idk

Do you hear any creaking, groaning, spring like noises as u turn from lets say lock to lock? It's plausible u could have bad strut top bearings I so and that could be causing too much resistance that the pump can't overcome. Another symptom of that is "memory steer" where u make a tight turn and even after u straiten out ur car continues to want to turn.

U may also want to consider lifting the front wheels up and physically turn the wheels AT the wheels by hand and see if things bind up. Engine off mind u.

Obviously this is speculation but through process of eleimination ur issue probably isn't the column or the pump because both of those do the same job no matter what way u turn. If none of the linkage is binding then that leaves the rack. Possibly leaking by the piston. However this is just speculatoon and with out seeing and looking myself I can only speculate and nothing more.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #25
MiLo
GX Member

Quote:
Do you hear any creaking, groaning, spring like noises as u turn from lets say lock to lock? It's plausible u could have bad strut top bearings I so and that could be causing too much resistance that the pump can't overcome. Another symptom of that is "memory steer" where u make a tight turn and even after u straiten out ur car continues to want to turn.

U may also want to consider lifting the front wheels up and physically turn the wheels AT the wheels by hand and see if things bind up. Engine off mind u.

Obviously this is speculation but through process of eleimination ur issue probably isn't the column or the pump because both of those do the same job no matter what way u turn. If none of the linkage is binding then that leaves the rack. Possibly leaking by the piston. However this is just speculatoon and with out seeing and looking myself I can only speculate and nothing more.

ok yeah when it tightens up yeah i hear some groaning sound but its very faint.. if u have music playing you can barely hear it..
when the car is in the air i put it in neutral or leave in park with car off?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #26
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Park, car off. Ur not "spinning" the wheels, ur turning them left and right by hand. Bet u will hear noisy bearings at the top of the strut. Search for the thread "how-to strut replacement" by me and take a look at my strut tops when I removed them for memory steer.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Saying its the bulb is very misleading. The high beams and the lows are seperate circuits and most likely wont effect one another. Also there is more then "the bulb" that could effect the light circuits.

I didn't say it definately was, however I said it enhances the possibility and you are the original one who suggested a bulb problem...also both the low beam and bright bulbs come in on the same plug, and I believe that ground is shared, so if the high beams work then it limits it down...I pointed out the purple wire (rechecked myself should have said blue) which is the wire for the low-beams...I did however forget about all the wiring that is inside of the headlight.

Last edited by 03glgold : 02-17-2013 at 12:00 AM.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #28
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Where are you from milo?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #29
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
I didn't say it definately was, however I said it enhances the possibility and you are the original one who suggested a bulb problem...also both the low beam and bright bulbs come in on the same plug, and I believe that ground is shared, so if the high beams work then it limits it down...I pointed out the purple wire (rechecked myself should have said blue) which is the wire for the low-beams...I did however forget about all the wiring that is inside of the headlight.

looking at a scemadic just for the sake of the information. passenger side H/L bulbs share the same fuse but both have different wires from the fuse block. same with the drivers side. drivers side shares a fuse but has separate wires. on the ground side H/L do share a ground HOWEVER they have their own wire that goes back to the fuse block, two wires that go to the high beam switch and then after the switch share the same wire for the ground. good info to know. can produce the scamadic if anyone wnats it.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #30
MiLo
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Where are you from milo?

Well I think where I'm from is totally irrelevant, especially to someone that hasn't even given any input to the question's I'm asking.. Lbvs...
Old 02-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #31
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLo View Post
Well I think where I'm from is totally irrelevant, especially to someone that hasn't even given any input to the question's I'm asking.. Lbvs...

if you knew most on the site, about anyone here would try to personally help you if you were local...that is likely why he asks
Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #32
MiLo
GX Member

Quote:
if you knew most on the site, about anyone here would try to personally help you if you were local...that is likely why he asks

well it just seemed odd to me, kind of like the hotel scene in scarface when dude gets chopped up by the chainsaw..... it all started cuz dude asked Tony where he was from. lol... idk i guess if he was really interested in helping he would have suggested something and not just came from left field asking where i'm from 2 times... u know what i mean?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #33
03glgold
GLS member

You don't know the people on this forum and sometimes it is better to leave it with what input is being typed...With your power steering problem, it might be easier for someone who has more experience with the car to see exactly what your problem is so that they know what is being diagnosed...I have personally met eric and several other members on the forum and while we may all come off as ahoes from time to time, most of us want to do our best to help other owners, some have different ways of doing it
Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #34
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I just wanted to know because I hang out woth a mostly import crowd from all over the state. So if you were in my area it would have been cool. Not trying to be creepy lol. Come to the alero show this summer
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like he's from Illinois, ill be there tomorrow. Be ready. .....

Just kidding.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #36
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Looks like he's from Illinois, ill be there tomorrow. Be ready. .....

Just kidding.

So, he SHOULDN'T be ready for when you come breezing in?

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #37
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphP View Post
So, he SHOULDN'T be ready for when you come breezing in?

RwP

Hahaha he's probably nervous already!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #38
03glgold
GLS member

leave the guns at home boys
Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
dielectrical grease has been used for years, it was used on bulb connections at the factory as recently as the early 90's. not neccessary today with the weather proof connections on cars today

I think the bulb is going out. try a new one. Sometimes the bulb isn't all the way blown and the coil wire inside the bulb still makes the connection and hitting it makes or breaks the connection.

Power Steering? What is the level in the PS tank? check that first

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #40
MiLo
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
I just wanted to know because I hang out woth a mostly import crowd from all over the state. So if you were in my area it would have been cool. Not trying to be creepy lol. Come to the alero show this summer

i see you must be mr. v.i.p. lol... or should i say p.i.m.p. mr. manwhore.... can i call you "duece bigalow" lol j/k....... it would have been really creepy if you didnt explain yourself with your name there buddy. .... lol. well i see you're in indy so where is this show supposed to be located???