Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 10-26-2006, 10:58 PM   #21
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i believe redog said it best with "upgrade the pcm" or get software that was mentioned.

but if you just upgrade the pcm, you should really do a bunch of engine work first, then have the chip custom tuned for your mods. gets you more bang for the buck.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #22
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
he may already have aftermarket programming, our governors are set at 108 at the factory.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:16 AM   #23
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
ok for those of you who have no idea about the 2.4, time for another teaching lesson by Oldsman.

far as a 2.4 being able to take a 3400 , jackal would you like to see my time slips against v-6 GA's and crazytaxi from GAP 03 where i bet them or where they just barely won. a 2.4 can beat a 3400. i have proved that in the past.

now on to getting rid of limiter on a 2.4 you have one solution.........HP Tuners. the VSS switch is not recommended and can screw shit up.

is it possible that his goes over 108.........yes. he might have an european PCM. some of us aleromod vets will remember about some cars having that PCM.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:27 AM   #24
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
SCT has a programmer for any GM, the module is $500 plus u need the software so $250 for that. If ur a beginner I wouldnt do it, have a pro do it, plus ur gonna need someone with a dyno so u can get the results u want out of it. I did it at my alero at school (UTI) and made 20hp/19lb ft tq, changed my shiftpoints,a/f ratio and disabled my governer. Check out Superchips for GM for the sheisse u need.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 AM   #25
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
is it possible that his goes over 108.........yes. he might have an european PCM. some of us aleromod vets will remember about some cars having that PCM.

The rental I had in Vegas hit 122 with no problem. It was a 2.4 '99 4 door

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #26
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
The rental I had in Vegas hit 122 with no problem. It was a 2.4 '99 4 door

That's the reason I never buy a car that has been a rental.
122mph Holy Crap!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #27
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
118? i'd be happy with that. my '99 2.4 limits at 108.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #28
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
far as a 2.4 being able to take a 3400 , jackal would you like to see my time slips against v-6 GA's and crazytaxi from GAP 03 where i bet them or where they just barely won. a 2.4 can beat a 3400. i have proved that in the past.

so you beat the 4dr 3400's and lost to the 2dr 3400's right?
Old 10-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #29
boostnsrt

ok look, im not in the business of bullshitting people. i just wanna know what i have to do to get rid of the speed limiter. i want something that is retunable as i do more mods. i have a friend that owns a business with a front drive dyno. i also no for a fact what a factory car with a few hours on the dyno flashing the ecu can do. i had a neon r/t that pulled 188 front wheel horses with nothing but a reprogrammed ecu. no mods at all. then as the mods when on the ecu was reprogrammed.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #30
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
My car only gets to 104 when i first got it not sure about it now.
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:15 PM   #31
tr4v1sf
GX Member

tr4v1sf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tr4v1sf
yea mine is around 108-110
tr4v1sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #32
jlenko
GX Member

jlenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jlenko
Every 2.4L PCM I've ever seen topped out at 108mph. Whether or not your speedometer is accurate at that speed, is the question. Not that I would trust a G-Tech any more than the stock speedometer...
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #33
boostnsrt

the speedo cluster went out on me thursday and i had to get a new one from gm got it saturday. it turns out the speedo was innacurate i only got about 106-108 when i kicked in. i also did a road course today and had a blast until the goddamn limiter kicked in about 100 ft before the braking point begore the corner. had fun anyway.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #34
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostnsrt View Post
hopefully that invincible shit still works when i go back to iraq next month, i was goin 118 because i bought the car about a month ago and i have a g-tech pro from my neon r/t. i was tetsing the performance boundaries of the car in stock form. trying to find out the best performance options to start out on. so far stock, 16.77 1/4, 118 top, .78 g's on the skid. this car has relatively low miles for an '01 only 60k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
no way your car is quicker than a 3400. even a stock one will put almost a second on you in the quarter mile.

And that my friend is the truth ... i ran 15.74 1/4 at Firebird Raceway, AZ.

3400 V6 CAI and Exhaust
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #35
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
There's a law against Aleros going fast. It's called PHYSIC
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #36
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
actually i think what you meant was PHYSICS ... anyway this law will be disproved once BlackJack gets to full boost
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote