Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
biggyal66
GX Member

biggyal66 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Instrument Panel is dead!!!!!

I was hooking my sub and amp up to my factory stuff and now nothing works. I ran all my wires and bought the part and wired everything up exactly like it said everything was running fine then I couldnt get any sound to the amp so it said to add wires to the ground wire and thats were everything went WAY WRONG!!! Now my instrument panel is out none of the needles work and now my A/C is not working at all. I checked the fuses on the drivers side and the ones under the hood and all was good? Any help? I am in desperate need. Thanks
biggyal66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Good job. What the heck were you doing with grounds? You have an line out converter... Ok? Thats pretty hard to F stuff up.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
biggyal66
GX Member

the line converter said if there wasnt any sound to the amp then connect the two brown wires to the ground wire from the radio. Thats all I did and everything went crazy. I was just following the instructions.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
biggyal66
GX Member

SO after that I checked all the fuses on the drivers side and under the hood and nothing was blown... So I wired everything back like it was before I touched anything and still nothing. No wires are touching or anything like that so it has to be a relay or something like that. I guess now I will check the fuses on the passenger side and see if anything is messed up there.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
biggyal66
GX Member

I checked everything on the passenger side and everything is good. I was doing some other cheking online and it looks like I need to check the
IPC/BFC ACC FUSE. Where is this located at?? Is it in the Main fuse box or where??
Old 09-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Start pulling fuses out and check them all.

If there is no blown fuse your in trouble.

I hate to sound like a complete ass, but if you werent sure what you were doing let someone do it for you. I just hope this isnt an expensive lesson for you to learn.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #7
itsbmw

it might be your BCM, if it is I'm sorry, cause that's what happened to me, 750 dollar repair that includes part and labor ebay has them way cheaper but you need them unlocked to your vin or something, then you gotta unscrew the plastic piece under the glovebox there are 2 bolts, 1 showing and one in a hole, it looks really easy to get out, I didnt do it myself but I did bolt my neons up under both passenger sides and I had to pull them down

good luck man, Mine started with a radio install and not unplugging the negative from the battery, I did at first then had to move the car and didnt unhook it :|
Old 09-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #8
biggyal66
GX Member

I took it to the shop last night and he rechecked the fuses and found one that ran the A/C was out and so that was fixed but checked the one for the Instrument panel and there was no power to it at all. then he took out the Instrument panel itself and ran a test probe to the connector and nothing. SO I left it there and hopefully I just blew an inline fuse and hopefully not the bcm. SO heres hoping.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #9
biggyal66
GX Member

I just found out that it is the BCM and now its going to cost me about $400 to fix it like new. So now I am going to try to come up with the money and just go from there.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
itsbmw

knew it :'( Sorry to hear man, good luck :|
Old 09-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #11
biggyal66
GX Member

Is there anyway to wire around it to buy my time till next payday?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #12
itsbmw

I would highly doubt it I think that it it controls everything. does the car start? Mine wouldnt even start.

EDIT: you might be able to get a BCM out of a Junkyard, Id make sure the numbers match on everything. I can help you with getting to the BCM to get the numbers.

EDIT2: There are a ton of BCM's for aleros on ebay. you may have to get reprogramming it says

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...spagenameZWD1V
I dont know your year or part number but there's one

Last edited by itsbmw : 09-03-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #13
biggyal66
GX Member

Yeah the car starts runs and everything. Everything works just not the gauges. Runs jus fine. I just dont understand.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #14
itsbmw

maybe thats why my repair was 750 the car wouldnt even start and it wasnt the security light
Old 09-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #15
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
there is a fuse on the passenger side fuse box on my car called CRUISE .. my instrument panel quit working and this fuse was the culprit, check it and replace it if it needs to be!

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #16
biggyal66
GX Member

The mechanic checked the fuse twice and it wasnt getting any power to the fuse at all. Then he took the IP off and checked and nothing was going to the panel it self. I just got off the phone with them and they told me that they went thru it and traced it down to the BCM. So I guess I will drive it carefully until I get it fixed.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #17
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
i'm all for people learming to do stuff themselves, but if you don't know exately what ur doing or don't know wher the wires go to, don't touch them. u should have used a test light to see if you would be connecting a ground to a positive wire. its just too bad that it happened to go to the BCM
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote