Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
jiffy

This has been a car audio nightmare week for me (starting last week).

The speakers I bought and hooked up (infinity 6000cs) might not fit into my car, which is a 4dr. So right now I am driving around audioless because the speakers are hitting the door panels.

I also noticed something up with my sub. The box I had made, I put some paneling on the outside of the box and was going to add stained wood trim, instead of carpeting. Well, for whatever reason the sub pushed itself right out of the box, and took the front paneling with it.

At this point I think I am going to just carpet the thing and mount the sub again.

I've got no clue what to do with the speakers themselves, except to maybe grind down the door some where the speaker hole goes, which is something I really don't want to do. I've already drilled 3 sets of holes on the driver side, none of which worked. Can anyone think of anything adverse from grinding down that speaker hole, such as weakening the door strength (side impact collision?).

And to top it off, I have interference comming through my tweeters, that can only be remedied by turning the gains pretty low, which means the speakers are not as loud as they could be, or as I would like them to be.

Hopefully I get a chance to look at everything and get it fixed this week, but I'm not feeling too confident.

issed: :Noooo: