Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 07-11-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OK so Mitch and I are shootin the poop waiting for our trial runs, and this race team of ahoes show up.

The track was really packed today, lots of people in the pits, and kids too.

This guy has a pretty nice and clean looking mid 80's Camaro. It probably runs 12's or 13's.

As Mitch and I are talking (he's sitting in his lounge chair, I'm in the car) The driver figures to do a burn-out in the pits. It was just a little one, it pissed me off a bit and Mitch looks over at them. So we continue talking and this guy pulls out of his pit spot and does a nasty ass burn out and takes off though the crowded pit area. He probably gets up to about 50 or 60.

Now Mitch is pissed and gets up and goes right over the the guys in his race team and starts yelling at him. Pointing the finger, and saying he's going to get them thrown out of Raceway Park. There were a lot of little kids running around today too. I'll let Mitch post what he said,(and what he was wearing) I just got out of my car and watched him go over. As did about 50 other people, he's got a lot of pull there.

The guy didn't know what to say, he was flabergasted. Then Mitch just stormed back and then he called the tower and later a track security car came down and issued the guy a warning.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:38 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
But wait it gets better!!!

Mitch, Corey (Mitch's racing buddy), and I are all drooling about taking this rookie street racer out in the first round. Then Corey says, "Look at all that smoke, somebody blew something" I turned around and said "That's the Camaro!!"

The guy blew his raditior, anti-freeze was pouring out of the car. It took about 3 seconds for all of it to pour out. It's smoking up bad and Mitch starts laughing and wishing that it would have happened on the line (automaticaly tossed out of the park)

I say "You got AAA?" Somebody else "Go Home?"

We all got a good laugh at an ahoe's expense. So it was a good day

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 07-11-2004, 11:00 PM   #3
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
:thumbsup: Fantastic lolol I really wish that woulda happened @ the line, the extra embarresment of being in front of the spectators woulda been an awesome bonus lol

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
that guy is an ass alright, luckily he didnt hurt anyone. looks like he got what he deserved.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:36 AM   #5
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the guy and his buddies were all pricks. Ken was sitting in his car and I was getting a suntan on my lounge chair between our cars. When he does the long burnout and launch through the pits I did get really pissed and and marched straight over to his buddies (I think there were 4 of them). I'm dressed in only my shorts as I took the shirt and shoes off to tan. Luckily I have an okay build from working out and rehabbing my hand (I hate when walruses go parading around without their shirts on). Anyway, I go straight up to the first guy I see, put my finger right in his face, and start screaming at him that if he pulls that sh!t again I'm getting him thrown out of the bunnying track. I then remind him that the speed limit in the pits is 5 mph and that there are a lot of kids around. I then turn around and march back to our cars without letting the douche bag get a word in. I threw my shirt back on and called the control room at the tower and informed them of what happened. I had them make an announcement about the speed limit in the pits. They also were asked to send the track security cop & car down there to "have a chat" with them.

Eventually the driver comes back and they're all talking about what I just did and pointing at us. I ignored them and waited for them to try something with me. The moment they tried thay'd have a whole lot of racers kicking their @sses because, as Ken said, I DO have a lot of pull there, having worked there for over 4 years and raced there over twice as long. None of us regulars take sh!t from douchebags like them at our track EVER! And we can show a pretty good collective front when necessary. Of course, I wasn't even thinking in those terms when I got in that kids face - I was just SO pissed.

It took security long enough to get there and when he stopped first at the gas pumps to talk to someone else, the "race team" of pricks (they all had on Cobra Auto Center t-shirts) all walked away from the car and watched the cop from a distance. By the time the cop did get to the car there was 1 guy from the team in a mini-van parked next to it. I spoke to the cop and pointed out the car and the guy. Although we don't think that that guy was the driver (they all looked alot alike - sure signs of inbreeding), the cop said he was "going to make a blanket statement and that will be the end of it".) He then rolled the car up to the minivan and had a few words with the kid.

After the cop left, everyone came back and again started pointing at us and saying stuff, though I ignored them yet again. But I think they started to get the picture because the driver moved the car and didn't come back for awhile with it. When he did return he was leaking pretty bad. That was the end of his day and the whole gang soon left.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:43 AM   #6
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
all's well that ends well. good job daytona, way to regulate :thumbsup:
Old 07-12-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
flalero

I'm glad you put your foot down like that. Stupid people like that get others killed.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

BTW we all did pretty good at the track too

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 07-12-2004, 05:11 PM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
haha, that's funny as hell!!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 06:23 PM   #10
boarder211

Way to go Daytona! I think people should get in the faces of all the roosterheads in the world, and it would be a hell of a lot nicer for everyone!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:40 PM   #11
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
I remeber having to deal with fags like that. but the only difference was my home track, Cordova, the pits were grass, dirt, and sand. so everyone would get really pissed when someone would throw sand all over their car or them.

Good job going off on them, mitch. They derserved to get thrown out or banned.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:04 PM   #12
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet! I hate guys like that! I almost got hit by a Quad driving a Quad (see ATV) at the track last weekend cause he was roaring through the pits

It was actually funny seeing him do the 1/4 mile cause he would dust anyone off the line, but then hit his top speed of 72MPH (74 if he ducked down) 2/3 down the strip, then he would be caught and passed.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote