Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 09-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
paul ron
GX Member

paul ron is on a distinguished road
Auto Transmission cooler lines rotted.

I noticed some oil spots in my driveway the other day n wondered where it was coming from. THey were directly under the air dam just below the radiator. I thought maybe leaking radiator or hoses but it turns out after inspection it was the metal part of the tranmission cooler line that was rotted through. They didn't use stainless steel lines?

In all my years of owning cars, I have never had a cooler line rot like this. Cheap piece of $hit!

Im wondering how much it's going to cost me now to repair. I don't have a lift to do the work nor be able to refill the transmission (Stupid sealed unit) so I have to take her to the gas station to do it for me.

I just hope they use some vasaline on my ass when I get the bill!

The garage just called... $500!

paul ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Eek. Yeah I need new lines made too, mine are all rusty and I think might be starting to leak.. When I get a new radiator I'll have some made hopefully.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote