Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
Frostkitsune

Hi everyone, I need some help

hi just geting in to cars just got my own car(no more using my parents cars thank god) i got a 1999 2 door alero about a month ago i love it picked it up cheep from someone tjat was moving and need to sell it fast payed $1200 for it got it looked at by a friend that works on cars to before i payed for ithe told me i was getting a good deal . needs some body work but that's life i can deal with that in the summer, the problem is a week ago some prick smashed my drivers side window and a few of the places i have asked want like $300+ for a window i just dont have that kinda cash, so if anyone knows were i can get one cheeper can you let me know or if you have one to sell let me know.

I bet there's a forum for this but i cant find it i did look but stresed out from this crap, its even screwing with my job, because i have to have a secure car as it were, because of company palocy so curenty i am back to using my moms car for work(lame) .

E=mail me or post on hear or skype me at frostkitsune1 or pm me hear
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
This almost sounds like one of those sexbot messages sleepy always talks about getting... : P

Look up your local junk yards for cheaper windows. The "cheeper" type was phased out some time ago. Got on too many people's nerves.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! You're from Michigan so I will safely assume you are going to ASS correct?

For your window, I'm sure you can get one cheap from a jy..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
This almost sounds like one of those sexbot messages sleepy always talks about getting... : P

Look up your local junk yards for cheaper windows. The "cheeper" type was phased out some time ago. Got on too many people's nerves.

what??? lol

yeah junkyards would be best bet, bring your own tools to get it out...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
if you are wondering how to get it out there are videos on youtube

Welcome to the site by the way and as was mentioned you should come to ASS since you live in michigan
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Also, I'd suggest checking eBay for the factory service manuals for this car - they tend to be more accurate.

Past that, a subscription to AllDataDIY would be highly recommended for information on things like how to remove and replace the driver's door glass - and the other thousand and one things that come up on a 14 year old car.

Welcome, BTW!

The Alero was, IMO, the best looking of the N/W body cars for those years (better than the Grand Am, its sister - and MUCH better than the Cutlass/Malibu twins, its 'family flivver' cousins.)

Good news is, for a lot of the mechanical parts, you have a nice range of cars to get them from in the junkyard. Bad news is, that window glass is probably only going to be an Alero part (and that only the same dooredness - i.e., 2 door or 4 door - as your car!)

There's a wide range of wheels that will swap on due to Generalized Motor's habit of using part "fortyseven stroke 85 A D 23 Dash Seven" on as many cars as possible *grins* Be it a Caddy or a Geo.

Do everyone a favor - don't worry about slamming, CAIs, hot rodding, or anything like that BEFORE you get suspension and brakes into tip top shape. A cool paint job on a car that belches smoke and runs on 5 of its six cylinders is NOT cool ... a good running car, whereas it may not be perceived as cool to the friends, will be a joy to the wallet. And can be a surprise to Mikey what has that Mustang GT he thinks is so hawt .. *grins*

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
could get the glass from any of these sources
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pts/3460247423.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/3440646494.html

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/3448609212.html

http://nmi.craigslist.org/pts/3467893440.html

hope those could help start your search
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote