Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Alero Show & Stravaganza Info > Alero Show & Straveganza

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #61
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
I made a pit stop to see my daughters for lunch and a little ice cream. I got home about 4PM.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Old 06-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #62
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Chris, are you a mod yet?

Done lost my mind
Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #63
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
Chris, are you a mod yet?
Yes he is. That is why his name is in black now.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Old 06-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #64
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
A better question, why should it be?
Its derogatroy! To me it is offensive, and that isn't to say he meant it in an offensive tone, but it should be filtered.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #65
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Double standard. I'm sure if your friend came up to you and said "what's up my n(filtered for you)" you'd tell him how offensive you thought it was, right? A lot of my black friends on Facebook say it all the time in various contexts, with no negative feedback.

Generally, -a seems to be acceptable, and -er is offensive.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #66
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Double standard. I'm sure if your friend came up to you and said "what's up my n(filtered for you)" you'd tell him how offensive you thought it was, right? A lot of my black friends on Facebook say it all the time in various contexts, with no negative feedback.

Absolutely false. You don't know me well enough to assume that. Sure I know people that use it all time, but that doesn't make it right. Just because your black friends say that on Facebook doesn't mean didly every black person in america isn't ok with it....don't believe walk up to the next group of black people you see and say what's up my niggas, see how that goes for you. The word that ends in -a is derived for the one that ends in -er. The double standard is that the mods in the past have given points to people for going around word filters or beating the system to spell a curse word...this is no different. Again, I don't say this to say he meant it that way just to make my point. Here is a better point for you, &^%^& (proof) isn't filtered either...explain that?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #67
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
we will look into it. that is all that needs to be discussed so lets move on.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #68
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
What did Ion ever do to become a mod?

Old 06-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #69
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

The "standard" is, if you're white, don't say it. You'll prove yourself to be an a$$hole to 50 % of the people that see or hear it (in an open forum, especially).

What would be the point of you saying it, anyway? You can't find a better way to take friendly shots at your peers? You were raised as a black child?

As far as context, yes, that matters, but if you don't understand the difference between black people saying it to their friends, and you casually tossing it off in a mostly-white forum, you ain't ever going to understand it.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #70
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Just because your black friends say that on Facebook doesn't mean didly every black person in america isn't ok with it....
But it seems that most do. You live in Maryland. Come to Detroit sometime.

Quote:
don't believe walk up to the next group of black people you see and say what's up my niggas, see how that goes for you.
It'd work if I was black... as I said, double standard. Depends on the source race saying it.

Quote:
Here is a better point for you, &^%^& (proof) isn't filtered either...explain that?
Word filters are for the weak. Sticks and stones...

Obviously we want to maintain a positive atmosphere here though, so filtering can be a good idea to minimize blatant offense.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #71
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
... none of this is live anymore....
Old 06-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #72
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Yo my honkies better knock off the cracker talk........

Now let's see if that flies
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #73
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post

I'm pretty offended.....

....not that anyone cares....

but seriously.. I side with lonnie in the fact that it should be censored. If we're going to censor offensive words, its not even a debate that it should be included. If your not going to censor anything, then censor nothing.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #74
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
we will look into it. that is all that needs to be discussed so lets move on.
That's all I'm asking...good post!

Quote:
But it seems that most do. You live in Maryland. Come to Detroit sometime. Ion that isn't true...you are basing that off of people in your area which is a small microcosm compared to the overall black population.

It'd work if I was black... as I said, double standard. Depends on the source race saying it. You know what you are probably right however you can't use that as an excuse to say that it still isn't offensive to others.

Word filters are for the weak. Sticks and stones...This is bull...word filters are stop the spread of ignorance. Like using derogatory words to hate some one based on race, religion, sexual orientation...etc...etc. I thought the purpose of this site was so that people with aleros could show what they done to their cars, and help others out. This site has developed to include people with aleros and without yet maintain a for the most part friendly atmosphere.

Obviously we want to maintain a positive atmosphere here though, so filtering can be a good idea to minimize blatant offense. I agree...you can't catch everything and I understand that.

Quote:

Went from a good post right back down!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #75
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
At what point, did I said I'd be going? If I remember correctly, the last ASS I went to... I was saying WAS MY LAST. I've been saying all along that I can't go because I'm still in school. I was in class till 5pm friday, and have class again at 7am tomorrow. Not to mention studying and writing my damn thesis.

I'm sorry if a little car show takes a backseat to my damn doctorate.

You never said you were going, that's right, ever since you gave your room key to the wrong person, and paid for it with a shitload of silly string.

If you don't like our little car show, why do you find it so necessary to post in all ASS threads? You can't be working THAT hard on school work to be the highest poster on Aleromod

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 06-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #76
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
You never said you were going, that's right, ever since you gave your room key to the wrong person, and paid for it with a shitload of silly string.

If you don't like our little car show, why do you find it so necessary to post in all ASS threads? You can't be working THAT hard on school work to be the highest poster on Aleromod

He came back after that. That incident was in '07. I think I remember that clearly as well. He also came back in '09. You need to get your house in order big boy before you make assumptions!!!

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 AM   #77
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Meh o well, not that he matters anyway

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #78
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I lol'd
Old 06-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #79
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

My post count went up like crazy, while I was in dorms with nothing to do and/or slacking off. I have since maintained it, keeping in contact with friends, adding How-tos and general smart-assery. My post count has dropped quite drastically lately, compared to what it was.

I didn't give my room key to the wrong person, they got copies of the room key made. At the end of the attempted prank, I had 3 keys in my possession, and Zol had his own. Each room is allowed one per person. So having 4, is CLEARLY giving it to the wrong person. Apparently, in your world, I'm a magician.

When did I say I didn't like it? I had fun both times I went. I said little. (as in small... if thats not too hard for you to comprehend) its not like the homecoming show is a huge car meet. Mark's childish attempt at a prank didn't get me to butt hurt that I'd never show my face again. Like Zol said, I did come back, and from the people I talked to that year, I made it quite known that it would be my last ASS, since my work load was increasing.

And why do I post? Because I know of the nonsense(in a funny way) that goes on at ASS after hours, and yall need some onsite help to keep the hilarity rolling. If you don't have anyone to play with, then there's hardly any reporting going on in the Live ASS thread. Also, I like to see the new ASS pics, to see pics of all the cars with new work, or ones I haven't seen, as well as a few new members. Just because I didn't go, doesn't mean I'm not interested.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #80
[ion] C2
636 whp

oh
Closed Thread