Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
Newlin
GX Member

Newlin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
The rear speakers that you have listed. no. strait alpines kinda suck. you want type s speaker. for the front ones, get the components.

I'm having trouble finding the actual type-s speakers, all of the ones I see are like the ones I pointed out...
Old 08-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
Newlin
GX Member

double post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #23
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlin View Post
I'm having trouble finding the actual type-s speakers, all of the ones I see are like the ones I pointed out...

http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPS609-.../dp/B0013FJ9DA
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #24
Newlin
GX Member

So these are what I'm looking at for the Alpine type-s then?

Front: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-SPS-4...item1e7101478d
Back: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-Type-...item4846a12679
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
So these are what I'm looking at for the Alpine type-s then?

Front: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-SPS-4...item1e7101478d
Back: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-Type-...item4846a12679

!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #26
Newlin
GX Member

So I finally decided on, and ordered, the Pioneer DEHp9400BH for it's full set of features and the rear USB ports for easy charging of my phone without any clutter. I also received my antenna adapter a few days ago so the new head unit should be going in Saturday. Sadly, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for my next paycheck to order those type-s speakers. (Or it might be longer, I need new fog lights put in too)
Old 08-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #27
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
So I finally decided on, and ordered, the Pioneer DEHp9400BH for it's full set of features and the rear USB ports for easy charging of my phone without any clutter. I also received my antenna adapter a few days ago so the new head unit should be going in Saturday. Sadly, I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for my next paycheck to order those type-s speakers. (Or it might be longer, I need new fog lights put in too)

I know what thats like. but when it all comes together its worth is.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #28
Newlin
GX Member

I got my head unit a few days ago and it installed fine, the only problem being that the plastic molding wont go back on around the stereo without a little cutting here and there. (The stereo is too wide)
Old 09-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #29
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
I got my head unit a few days ago and it installed fine, the only problem being that the plastic molding wont go back on around the stereo without a little cutting here and there. (The stereo is too wide)

common problem, drimel always works good, utility knife maybe.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #30
Newlin
GX Member

I was going to go pick up a Dremel when I got the chance, they've always worked well for me in other aspects.

I got a half din EQ pocket for the other slot in my dash (Sadly it's nota full double din) and once that goes in I'll cut out the necessary pieces and it'll be all set there. Then I just need to grab the speakers.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #31
DADDYMACK
GX Member

DADDYMACK is on a distinguished road
Go Big

I think you should do what you like, what you think sounds good, that's what i think.
I started out small and just grew bit by bit. I agree with a most of the coments i read on your post. I try to buy the best i can on what i can afford, in most cases i stick to top name brands Alpine, Kenwood, Hifonics, boston Acoustic, Infinity. Here are my choices.
Alpine cde9851 hu (I LOVE THIS THING )
Hifonics brutus 1600 watt sub amps. (I am using 2 with 2 subs)
Kenwood 6204 four channel amp (mids and highs)
Pair of Power acoustic 12in Mofo's (in a bandpass box (min space for 2 12in subs)
Pair of Boston Acoustics 6x9
pair of infinity 4x6 4in with a tweat.
I have been working on this system about a year, and it is a lot fun, some i bought used some new, Like i said start where your comfortable and go from there. Just have some fun and enjoy your day. MACK
DADDYMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #32
Hotrodham
GX Member

Hotrodham is on a distinguished road
ok i didn't read anything anyone else posted for 1... but imo NEVER buy a prefab box.. always build your own. (conveniently i have an alero and design boxes for free) if you're looking for cheaper subs that are still loud and sound good I advise going with AudioQue (now sound qubed) SDC series audioque.com

for amps, Hifonics are GREAT amps for their price.
for a head unit I like to stick to my higher priced pioneers or any alpine honestly. alpines my brand when it comes to head units. for speakers i like alpine too. the type-s series sound nice and clean powered by a headunit. with the front doors i would get the 5 1/4s and do some customizing to the stock front door speaker mounting pods (that's what i did anyways)

i have designed numerous boxes for my alero. let me know what subs you go with and I can design you a space efficient and nice box. I can tune the box to your preference.

That goes for anyone else on here who needs a box designed too. just message me and i'll get back too you
Hotrodham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #33
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing this old dog will add to this is pick the subs that best match what you listen too! If you are a dance, beat, hip-hop, underground kinda guy then go 12's all the way. If you prefer the rock/alternative kind of music then my vote goes with a pair of 10's. And to this day I still prefer the sound of Pioneer... just my 2 cnts
Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #34
Hotrodham
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
The only thing this old dog will add to this is pick the subs that best match what you listen too! If you are a dance, beat, hip-hop, underground kinda guy then go 12's all the way. If you prefer the rock/alternative kind of music then my vote goes with a pair of 10's. And to this day I still prefer the sound of Pioneer... just my 2 cnts

not trying to sounds like a rooster or anything but... your 2 cents are wrong... 10 12 15 18s doesnt matter how music sounds... its all in the box and A LOT more factors. the box is one of the biggest factors in how deep and clean your bass will sound. for instance you can get a "prefab" box of the internet usually tuned to the low-mid 40 hz range... OR you can design a box in the mid-low 30s and hear the full potential of your subs. if your going for rock id say get some nice frontstage speakers that can handle going down to id say roughly 65-80 hz and get a box tuned to the high 30s - mid 40s. for rap/dubstep i would definitely tune your box to the LOW 30s like 32-35 (thats where i LOVE to tune my boxes at) or lower and get some midbass 8" speakers for the rear deck to level out that missing mid bass and some component sets to place in the rear somewhere. now those... are my 2 cents

and cone area comes into play alot when picking subs. 2 10s will be louder then 1 12. 2 12s will be louder then 2 10s... u get the picture :P gl

another thing... the more space a sub has to move the less power it will need for you to see its full potential if you have a 12 jammed into a tiny 1cuft box and it's a ture 1000rms sub you ill most likely have to feed it 1200-1300 rms just to see its full potential. unlike if you put it in a 1.75cuft box you would only have to put 800-1k to it :P another tip for when u buy an amp.

Last edited by Hotrodham : 01-18-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: typo
Hotrodham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #35
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I've herd a lot of 12's bud and they just don't do it for me. Maybe it's poor design of the enclosure, maybe not enough power to run them properly. From what I have been exposed to, 10's always sound best to me. I guess it's personal preference.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #36
Hotrodham
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
I've herd a lot of 12's bud and they just don't do it for me. Maybe it's poor design of the enclosure, maybe not enough power to run them properly. From what I have been exposed to, 10's always sound best to me. I guess it's personal preference.

most of it's in the box for sure. but a lot has to do with personal preference too.
but who knows maybe you're right and I'm wrong. "the world may never know" but seriously. I don't see many audio builds on this forum, which kind of disappoints me :/
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #37
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
there are more people on this forum with lower scale audio builds then you might think, however the majority of people who have stuck around lean more towards go than show
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote