Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #41
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
they are! i love titties and all but i dont want the dash of my car to resemble em.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:30 PM   #42
dt_freak1

ROTFLMFAO! call VS n see if they can special order something that damn big? prolly talkin about $1,000 LMAO!
Old 05-30-2005, 01:50 PM   #43
Alero04

boobie dashes?! lol!!
Old 05-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #44
dark_n_evil

i am probably going to pick the dash door panels and middle console from a junk yard.
And yes alero04 i will keep you posted once i start on it.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:06 PM   #45
Alero04

why i thank thee
Old 05-31-2005, 06:18 PM   #46
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
yea im kinda interested in this as well... at least in the dying black part... i hate tan...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:46 AM   #47
Hawk8228

I personally have been thinking about doing the whole conversion..
Dash, Gauges, Radio, Center Console, Door Panel front and back... im just fed up with the cheap third world country materials my alero interior is made of... i mean im sorry but they suck bad
1. the door panels come loose and make noise when u grab the door.
2. the big pile of dog crap i deal with everyday i get in my car... Dash assembly is horribly pulled back and crinkled... and i know im not the only one.
3. aleros just flat out are a terrible un-realiable, uncomfortable, pieces of terrible american automotive history.

OPTIONS: Is it a possiblty to remove the entire Dash Pad and swap out with a non-f'd up one from my junkyard... cuz honestly if i could get that fixed my re-sale would be a hell of alot beter than if i had a half pulled back dashboard on a f'n 2000 with 60,000miles yaaa..!! i love it

Oldsmobile Alero ... all the way.... all the way to draining your wallet dry!
Old 10-30-2005, 01:21 AM   #48
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
sorry to hear about your problems. my alero is built very well. always seems to be a hit or miss with any car.

the GA door panels aren't much better. but to do the whole conversion would not work because you would have to swap the BCM and maybe the PCM because the gauges and wiring is completely different and you can't just swap the computers.

so your best bet would be to get good ones out of a junkyard.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:58 PM   #49
forbidden
Graphix GOD

forbidden is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to forbidden Send a message via Yahoo to forbidden
Mine is a 99 and i have never had any of these problems that alot of people talk about. Maybe i am just lucky or something..
forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #50
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@May 12 2005, 12:13 PM
I don't know about the lines.....they are VERY similar if you look at the 2 doors........
the handle where the swithes are is curved out on the grand am door and the aleros is not as curved so your gonna have a problem closing the door .. the panel with being curved and not fitting like a puzzle piece to the dash wont let the door close.. but the door panel style other then the aleros is ok looking... but not something i would go for