Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #41
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

violentrapture is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to violentrapture
Quote:
Originally posted by jabartram+Apr 9 2006, 12:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jabartram @ Apr 9 2006, 12:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-xsavyor1@Apr 9 2006, 12:37 PM
I have had 2 -15" and 3 -10."

and the 10"

i have those 3 10's in a sealed box being pushed by 1600 watts and the bass will make me nautious at times.
[/b][/quote]

I had the 2 15s (S15L7s) for awhile - only used one in a min. spec sealed box getting about 400W and it wasn't half bad. Still got the other L7 laying around the house here somewhere. :P

Just bought the 2 Treo 10s too... they're getting installed Thur. by the way xsayvor.

Prospero - nice looking install, but I'd have to side with joel on that one; and size doesn't matter... who was it that was hitting near 150 with a single 10? ^_^ It's all about the install baby
Old 04-12-2006, 03:03 AM   #42
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme+Apr 11 2006, 04:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sound_xtreme @ Apr 11 2006, 04:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-prospero527@Apr 10 2006, 11:31 AM
Most not of been to good of a shop since you use to run it and you dont anymore.

Audio sucks man, I moved on to bigger and better things.
[/b][/quote]

Good God Prospero527. All you want to do is alienate yourself from everyone on this forum. I tried to be polite and give you some advice. You just don't like to listen. I have yet to read any posts that give any hint toward you being experienced in the audio field. I have read alot of things like "No 1 omp man your crazy this is what I do for a living. If you go ahead and get a 1 omp amp that leaves you room to improve. If a amp is 1 omp that means it will carry 2,4 your talking to the pros man." Or how about " Man f*** you. Get in ur car and listen to ur shi**y set up. Have a nice day blowing subs. "
Do you realy expect us to believe you run a shop. You can't even give good advice. You simply state that you are the pro and we should all listen to you. You are 21 and you have owned your own shop since your were 18. Can we say bull poop. You were just trying to purchase a four channel amp in the classifieds for 150 opposed to 185. I'm a tech (that is short for technician, are you still following) at Fujitsu Ten. I know the discounts that retail sees. As a owner, you would have unlimited disconts versus a employee. As a owner, you would be expected to treat the customer with respect. I have yet to see any indication that you can do that. Instead you choose to toss around some profanity and insult one of the most respected and knowledgable guys on this forum. Here is my last advice. Appologize to Sound Xtreme and start posting helpfull information. If you can't, then do us a favor and go back to your shop.
In short, no more ignorant posts stating how edjucated you are in car audio.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:18 AM   #43
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
prosepero= :owned:

i nominate mikegett's post for POST OF THE YEAR!

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #44
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SweetNLow@Apr 12 2006, 07:18 AM
prosepero= :owned:

i nominate mikegett's post for POST OF THE YEAR!
I agree with SweetNhairy.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #45
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
prosepero
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #46
AleroHawk
GX Member

AleroHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AleroHawk
Thanks AGAIN mikegett! I remember that part you quoted him on very well. I was involved, lol.

"If at first you don't succeed, cheat."
AleroHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #47
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
I too can vouch for those quotes...word for word...
Old 04-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #48
tonkpils
GX Member

tonkpils is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to tonkpils
my dad used to be a pimp and when i turned 18 he handed over the business to me,,i gots a mean pimp slap!! and im a pro on pimpin,,but bra you are no pro to the audio!!!!! lol

Clarion VRX775VD
Eclipse 21010 Indash EQ
Zapco I 6.2 comps
Memphis M-Class 6x9's
Treo SSi 12.22 x 2
JL Audio A1800 on subs
JL Audio 300/4v2 on comps
Optima Yellowtop and Big 3 upgrade
tonkpils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:18 PM   #49
aleromod101

Well educated. Hmm ok, thank you. Love how you put it. I dont see why everyone is hating cause I have had my alero for 2 months and have more done than others that have had theres for years. IM not trying to flame on here and yeah I might not be the best Im just giving the knowledge that I know and everytime I say something from the beginning its all been rooster head remarks like stfu and so on. But ok. IM just trying to be like all you and complain right back at each other. Its sad how all you get all torn up over the computer I would hate to see how stressed or mad you got if someone said something to your face. Its called control and respect and manors I know I didnt have until my daughter was born. But it will come very soon. Yes tech you may know more then me so why dont you help instead of posting remarks why dont you say well this is why you cant do this or that. Its called help just like I asked you about the amps a while ago. But only thing I got back was you being negative. Im sorry but like I said Im know im not the best so grow up and teach and dont say do this explain why. People like reasons why they should do this and that. But seems like no one can do that on the audio side just on engine wise. Teach dont flame. I havent seen one post explaining why from you all. Are you still following me.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #50
scsralero
GX Member

scsralero is an unknown quantity at this point
wow remind me never to ask a question again, if i wanted drama i would watch soaps with my mom
scsralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:49 AM   #51
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Quote:
Originally posted by prospero527@Apr 14 2006, 10:18 PM
Well educated. Hmm ok, thank you. Love how you put it. I dont see why everyone is hating cause I have had my alero for 2 months and have more done than others that have had theres for years. IM not trying to flame on here and yeah I might not be the best Im just giving the knowledge that I know and everytime I say something from the beginning its all been rooster head remarks like stfu and so on. But ok. IM just trying to be like all you and complain right back at each other. Its sad how all you get all torn up over the computer I would hate to see how stressed or mad you got if someone said something to your face. Its called control and respect and manors I know I didnt have until my daughter was born. But it will come very soon. Yes tech you may know more then me so why dont you help instead of posting remarks why dont you say well this is why you cant do this or that. Its called help just like I asked you about the amps a while ago. But only thing I got back was you being negative. Im sorry but like I said Im know im not the best so grow up and teach and dont say do this explain why. People like reasons why they should do this and that. But seems like no one can do that on the audio side just on engine wise. Teach dont flame. I havent seen one post explaining why from you all. Are you still following me.

you shoulda just ignored them...!!

see, some people think they are above others and can nitpick everything, but nobody else can. so.. no matter how small a remark is, if they dont like it, they will tear you apart, and everyone will just jump on the bandwagon with them because people like to put other people down.

Im not really defending your comments, however, since I really know nothing about advanced car audio stuff, and Soundxtreme really knows his stuff. You do have to respect his knowledge about.. most everything cars.
I'm just telling you how it is around here, k?

Dont let it get to you, its just a car forum, and some people dont understand that.. some think its like a part of their life. just dont get too emotionally involved or you will end up like them.
There are some pretty awesome people on here though, dont let it get you down!

EDIT: or just do what i do and post useless comments that cannot possibley cause controversy, you may be viewed as a topic whore, but at least its better than being flamed!! lmao
Old 04-15-2006, 02:40 AM   #52
mikegett
GL Member

Quote:
Originally posted by prospero527@Apr 15 2006, 02:18 AM

Prospero, this has been the first post I have seen that showed a genuine intellect. You gave very good advice. Advice that you have had a hard time following. Your temper has been well out of control in the past posts. Opting for profanity in three occassions that I can recall when someone dissagreed with you. As a fellow member to this community, I have no problem with you expressing your knowledge. Just be aware that making a statement and ending it with "trust me, I am a pro" will only alienate you. One individual already attempted to explain this. Instead you flamed him with profanity. You asked for responses with a explination. Explinations that supposably I failed to give but responded with only negativity. Why don't you read the posts again. Just to make it simple, here you go.
http://invision.aleromod.com/index.p...opic=16633&hl=
You will see that I spent a good deal of time attempting to explain why your remarks may not be true. Ask anyone on this forum. I don't claim to be the most educated, but I will give as much advice as I can. I have lost count on how many times individuals have joked about the length of my posts. I can't comment on your sub install. I have very limited experience with subwoofer enclosures. My response is and always has been how you handle the fellow members of this forum. In all honesty, I am suprised. You seem to be a decent individual in the other forums. Why the change here.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:18 AM   #53
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
I've avoided this thread as much as I could, but it's buggin now. Read the quotes to your posts and the replies to them, and ask yourself WHO in fact was making "roosterhead remarks". i aint gonna say anything else, and sorry to scsralero for totally inadvertently starting this load of crap.

Quote:
Originally posted by prospero527+Apr 7 2006, 11:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prospero527 @ Apr 7 2006, 11:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man you all are crazy I got 4 12's with all my air specs to fit great Im not giving out my custom enclosure underneath but here is al pic.

There is my 4 12's Rockford Fosgate T1. With 4 Rockforrd 1000 watt amps all pilled on top of each other with fans and neons and. All Hidden with cap and block.

Still have to put glass over top the amp space.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/pro.../Picture002.jpg
[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme@Apr 8 2006, 12:35 AM
i wouldnt fire the subs up.

Quote:
Originally posted by prospero527@Apr 9 2006, 02:11 AM
Y not fire up whole car is dynamated and nothing rattles at all maybe a little vibration from the trunk but nothing to loud. Your the first person i have had doubts about my system.

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetNLow@Apr 9 2006, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by prospero527@Apr 9 2006, 03:11 AM
Y not fire up whole car is dynamated and nothing rattles at all maybe a little vibration from the trunk but nothing to loud. Your the first person i have had doubts about my system.

ya your running a sealed system so it prolly dont rattle that much because sealed produces sq not spl.

i woudlnt fire them up either but thats just me......... and there is NO WAY u have the proper airspace required for those subs. if u have specs id love to see them.

u can do it the way u did it but your not getting the most outta your subs

<!--QuoteBegin-prospero527
@Apr 9 2006, 11:28 AM
Im not giving out my specs. It took me a day to get my specs I was always off and finally I got the specs. So you can have fun doing that yourself. Im not sure why this thread turned into roosterhead remarks. Since the oonly thing I was saying was yes 4 12's can go with airspecs and dont diss it until you hear it and like I said you have no clue whats under neath and by the way it is ported.

Also I like my backseat so why would I do all that extra work when I have what i want here. With all my specs.
[/quote]
Old 04-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #54
aleromod101

Mikegett I do what your saying now. After reading all the rooster head things I have said poop i dont blame you guys. Ill work on it and hope to give good advice in the future.

Mikegett PM SENT
Old 04-16-2006, 01:33 AM   #55
mikegett
GL Member

PM sent. Don't sweat it. We can all just concider it a time to clear the air and learn. I will try to be more patient in the future as well. scsralero, I realy am sorry that your post got whored up like this.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:31 AM   #56
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a quick q can you do a ib setup in the alero with a set of 15 inset in to the rear seats with the trunk becoming the box ?
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #57
acold7dusta

you could always put a dual 1 cu ft sealed q logic 12" box along with 2 fiberglas boxes behind the wheel well?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #58
UnoWHO

four would be cool
Old 04-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #59
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
an IB would be awsome! I had one in my old caddy, pounded hard with only 400 Watts RMS. had 2 12" Pyle comps.

you would have to do alot of sealing though, the rear deck would be a problem, with all those holes. But it could be done. I think the biggest problem would be sealing it and then dealing with the rattle in your trunk! ha.