Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 03-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
Loose door handle

So my rear passenger door handle just sort of hangs out of its spot, and it works fine but sometimes it won't open from the inside (I would have to push the outside handle into position so the person can get out).

Anyway does anyone know if I would need a new handle or clip or what? If someone knows the fix could you please explain it??

Last edited by mastershake : 03-23-2012 at 07:34 AM.
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Your going to have to pull the handle and get a pic up man. Maybe just needs fasteners or bolts, may have broken clips. Sounds like rod needs adjusting if it wont open from the inside though. Outside handle will be a different issue

Last edited by MMGT1 : 03-22-2012 at 04:08 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
if it broken I could supply you with a new one =)
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
Lol papa I was going to ask you xD that's why I quit procrasting on making this thread cuz I was like shit better do it before papa gets rid of his car LOL

I'm pretty sure our internets back on so I'll post pics later today
Old 03-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
mastershake
GL Member

like i said it will open usually from the inside, just some random times it decides not to work... not sure why it's an intermittent thing.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks to me like the retaining bracket, the one the single nut holds the handle in place with is gone man? Rattle in the door by chance? I dont see the nut in that picture.
The handle has a post/nut smack in the middle of the handle that attaches to a bracket* GM Part #22656910. I think that bracket has rotted out and you need that bracket.
For the inside handle, when you have the door panel off, follow the rod from the handle to the actuator. At the actuator, the rod can be removed from the clip. You need to put the rod back in the clip a little further than it is now. I think it has sliped a little out of place and you just need to re-adjust that actuator rod. Door should open fine from inside when you do.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
nicothehut
GX Member

nicothehut is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ks21...j4jD9CPNegI%3D

How to fix for door handles
Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
mastershake
GL Member

soooo i just went to try and take the door panel off to examine it further... not happening. im too inexperienced and im afraid ill break it (pretty sure i broke a clip lol)

but then i inspected the door handle again and the clip/bolt are indeed still there, attached and everything..... so what now??

i think i might just take it to a body shop >.<
Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
its fine if you break a few clips. you'll never tell once its back on. the rear pannels are pain in the a** to get off.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote