Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
scott192
GX Member

scott192 is on a distinguished road
Talking FI BTL 18 fully loaded DAMN!!!

ok not expecting everyone to know what a fi btl is but now you have been informed haha

holy shit this this is effin crazy!! it weighs like 70lbs and can handle 2000w RMS!!! New box on its way. so excited to hear this bad boy!! gonna be a long break in tho the spider wont move at all... pics will be up tomorrow!!
parts so far: 10000k hid heads and fogs, alpine INAW900, bluetooth, backup camera, alpine mrp-m2000, 18fi btl, 270amp mechman alterntor, 2 Redtop Batt's, all LED lights and color changing signals white/amber (every bulb other then dummy lights) and limo back 3 and 20% in the front and tinted tails
check out my car http://www.youtube.com/user/scott192
Quote:
Well I know my car is female because she was bleeding for 7 days and didnt die!
scott192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
Sounds good man, get them up! Box specs? What all have you done for electrical? Those things are power hungry! Is this the newest BTL-N2 or the old style? I'm pumped to get some reviews on these.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #3
scott192
GX Member

well its the old style i should have waited 2 effING DAYS!! eff didnt know they were being released and the build time on the new woofers is 4 weeks and mine was 5 days!! but ohh well shes beautiful anyways!! and i have the big 3 all 0g and looking for batteries as we speak.. curently running a JL W7 and its getting way to much power!! so im sure the BTL will be happy with what shes gonna get!!

specs

Ohm: dual 1
P_Chamfer: no
Cooling: yes +$30
HiXmCoil: yes +$15
Daily_or_SPL: Daily
I_Heat_Ring: yes +$25
Universal: yes
Dustcap: blue chrome
= fully loaded

parts so far: 10000k hid heads and fogs, alpine INAW900, bluetooth, backup camera, alpine mrp-m2000, 18fi btl, 270amp mechman alterntor, 2 Redtop Batt's, all LED lights and color changing signals white/amber (every bulb other then dummy lights) and limo back 3 and 20% in the front and tinted tails
Quote:

Last edited by scott192 : 10-25-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i heard of those they beat nuts!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:38 AM   #5
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Haha it's all good. I'm surprised they've kept the new neo pricing to just $20.00 more. Those BTL's though can take a beating. I have a buddy that runs his on 3k daily. Are you planning on using the mrp-2000? Big box tuned low?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:43 AM   #6
scott192
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashdollar2009 View Post
Haha it's all good. I'm surprised they've kept the new neo pricing to just $20.00 more. Those BTL's though can take a beating. I have a buddy that runs his on 3k daily. Are you planning on using the mrp-2000? Big box tuned low?

on the money my man!! goal is about 6cf and tuned to around 32hz dont know yet tho still gotta do box specs to fit car
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 03:48 AM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
dont you love how much the trunk rattles lol. mine did that too with my old system
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 AM   #8
scott192
GX Member

i wouldnt say i love it id rather just hear clean bass but its seems to be near imposible to get rid of the rattle
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

very clean motor man
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 AM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott192 View Post
i wouldnt say i love it id rather just hear clean bass but its seems to be near imposible to get rid of the rattle

its possible. dampening sheets
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #11
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Damn, that's gonna be a fun build! lol My max dimensions I came up with were 37 wide, 16.5 tall, and 20 deep. She fit REAL snug for me. (When trying to go in from the trunk) Ended up being 4 cubes after all displacement. I will just say GOOD LUCK! You'll figure it out. Worst case, try to get as much space as possible, then just compensate with more power down the road. You got the dual-1 option so you could throw a couple mono-blocks on each channel. We'll see how she does on the 2k+ first. An aero port would help save you some internal volume as well. Here's my 4ft^3 box in snug:
Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 AM   #12
scott192
GX Member

thats sick!! what subs you runnin?
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 04:02 AM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

^^^^ nice cashdollar
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #14
scott192
GX Member

one thing tho our cars sound so much better with port facing back sub up!! and you will kill your amp being mounted to the box i saw 2 1000/1's go that way all of a sudden your amps just start goin crazy!!
Quote:

Last edited by scott192 : 10-25-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:05 AM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

i always lowered my back seats, they sounded real nice like that
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 04:10 AM   #16
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Quote:
thats sick!! what subs you runnin?

Right now just a single 15" DC Audio Level 4XL on my Crescendo 3KWP. Right now she's only seeing about 2000ish. I had her on 3k for a competition then turned her back to 2K until I get some new batteries. Right now i'm probably sitting on a 144 @ 41Hz. The box is SO inefficient. (the guts of it, i tried to change a few things around with bracing/false walls/etc. Tuned at 32Hz and peaking at 41Hz should be a hint. :/..) New build in the works including getting rid of the 15" and adding some XS Power. I'm hoping for at least a 147 and some mini hairtricks from the trunk by next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
^^^^ nice cashdollar
Thanks!

P.S. My last name is Cashdollar and my girlfriend at the time wanted to help, so I figured what the Hell and let her make the name tag.

I'm tuned into this build for sure man. Keep us updated here!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:13 AM   #17
sleepyalero
GLS member

^^ haha oh really? thats a bad ass last name! lol and tell her i give her props on the sticker. i like it haha.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 10-25-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 AM   #18
scott192
GX Member

Quote:
very clean motor man

thanks its only got 80k!! not for long tho average about 4k a month and i dont drive it for work lol
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #19
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Quote:
haha oh really? thats a bad ass last name! lol and tell her i give her props on the sticker. i like it haha.

Haha thanks, and i'll let her know. It's actually on a piece of 1/8" balsa wood. I hit it with the same texture spray I used on the box. Put two coats of white on top of that. Gave her a brush with some black paint and she free-handed it. Then four penny-nials in the corners and she was on. I think it turned out nice as well.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:18 AM   #20
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
thanks its only got 80k!! not for long tho average about 4k a month and i dont drive it for work lol

haha cool yeah thats like... new clean from what it looks like in the vids.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: