Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Black_Mamba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Black_Mamba
Question Alero help!

I was driving home from school friday night and it was raining out. I was on the highway and some lady stoped short and my abs didnt kick on and my wheels locked up and i hit her. she has no major damage, just a scuff on the rear bumper. but i need a new hood, front bumper, and headlight. maybe an impact bar too.

What I wanna know is, will a hood and front bumper from a 4 door alero 2.4l fit a 3.4l 2 door alero?

Someone help me out please?
Black_Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
pretty sure it will. Go junk yard zearching man

yeah right!
zearchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Black_Mamba
GX Member

I already found the parts but before I spend the money on em I wanna be certain they fit. I think theyll fit too, but I wanna be sure about it
Old 09-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
yes they will but if u want to wait for ohers to confirm go ahead

yeah right!

Last edited by zearchyo : 09-25-2011 at 10:55 AM.
zearchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Thanks for the help
Old 09-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
It is the same. Fenders forward have the exact same parts, 4 or 2 door
Old 09-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Thanks. And this is off topic but by any chance do you know how to change your Member type? For me it says "GX Member" but I drive a GLS..

2001 GLS 3.4L Coupe "Black Mamba"

Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake, 8000k H.I.D. Low Beam, 3000k H.I.D. Fog Lights.
Wants: SLP Exhaust, Ported UIM & LIM, 65mm TB, Lowering Springs, Rims, Black Interior.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
the front ends are the same for all years and engine options

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
only thing to watch for on the hood is whether it has a prop rod or the hood struts... iirc the struts are just a clip pin to remove, but the brackets are welded on...

as for the membership type, it changes as you post more... certain number of posts equals your level of membership

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Ohhh I got ya. thanks alot

Wants: SLP Exhaust, Ported UIM & LIM, 65mm TB, Lowering Springs, Rims, Black Interior.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
whoa!!! whoa!!! before you spend money on parts and think about doing the repair yourself, let me see some pics of the damage the described hit is telling me that you have more then just parts replacing

very very possible that the core support is damaged, hood hingges, hood latch, lock support, maybe is taged the frame rails if your not in the trade just replacing parts ontop of damaged structual metal is just stupid

and why are you not claiming this on insurance you hit the person so insurance has to be invovled here what insurance do both parties have
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Mamba View Post
Thanks. And this is off topic but by any chance do you know how to change your Member type? For me it says "GX Member" but I drive a GLS..

That's your rating on the site. The more you post, the higher it goes. Has nothing to do with what you drive

Yes the front end is the same on all of these cars

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
whoa!!! whoa!!! before you spend money on parts and think about doing the repair yourself, let me see some pics of the damage the described hit is telling me that you have more then just parts replacing

very very possible that the core support is damaged, hood hingges, hood latch, lock support, maybe is taged the frame rails if your not in the trade just replacing parts ontop of damaged structual metal is just stupid

and why are you not claiming this on insurance you hit the person so insurance has to be invovled here what insurance do both parties have

I've been around cars for a while. I checked it out and I only need to get a hood, a drivers side head light, and the whole assembly for the headlight as well as a hood lock/latch. The bumper isnt even worth replacing but while im at it i might as well. the Radiator is fine, as well as the frame and everything.

Insurance was involved, I dont exactly know where it stands though. I know that since i hit her, Im automatically at fault. Also, I have basic coverage, not full (so my insurance would pay for her cars damages, not mine). Also there were no injuries, it was a simple "fender bender" so no police or ambulences were involved. it wasnt that serious so i dont know whats gonna happen insurance wise because i know some companies require a police report.

I would take pics but I drove, (yes its still driveable, just not at night because its missing a headlight) it to the body shop yesterday morning.

I got everything under control, I just wanted to know part wise if its the same.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #14
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
That's your rating on the site. The more you post, the higher it goes. Has nothing to do with what you drive

Yes the front end is the same on all of these cars

Understood, thank you & thank you for the info on the fitting of the parts

Old 09-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
I have extra headlights. What side did you bust?
Old 09-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #16
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
I have extra headlights. What side did you bust?

Just the drivers side headlight, I need the entire assembly, minus the light bulbs

Old 09-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #17
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Not sure of your background, but i doubt you know nearly as much about cars as bdyman, nor do you have the expertise he has. I highly suggest that you snap a couple pics of the damage and let a professional look at them. Just putting new parts on a damaged car is dangerous, and honestly pretty stupid.
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #18
Black_Mamba
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
Not sure of your background, but i doubt you know nearly as much about cars as bdyman, nor do you have the expertise he has. I highly suggest that you snap a couple pics of the damage and let a professional look at them. Just putting new parts on a damaged car is dangerous, and honestly pretty stupid.

I over looked the obvious stuff it needs, everything else seems intact and fine, but my friend who owns the body shop is going to overlook everything just to make sure. But I know what you're saying though, thanks for the advice