Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
^^^^That was yours? sweet! Did you have the stripe painted on or a vinyl made for the side? And how much did it cost if you don't mind?
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #22
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I got hit and run in the rear quarter before that happened. I do have some bodyshop connections so I went to my buddy and gave him the $1700 that the insurance gave me, $500 cash, and a quad Calais that I put a rod through the block....lol.

I also help him dissassemble the car, and did all of the taping myself. I created a template on the computer first that emcompassed the logo and the start of the stripes. I had a reverse cut out of vynal and stuck that to the car, then taped the rest of the stripes off of it. Then pulled the vynal and tape off when it was dry!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Well, I got hit and run in the rear quarter before that happened. I do have some bodyshop connections so I went to my buddy and gave him the $1700 that the insurance gave me, $500 cash, and a quad Calais that I put a rod through the block....lol.

I also help him dissassemble the car, and did all of the taping myself. I created a template on the computer first that emcompassed the logo and the start of the stripes. I had a reverse cut out of vynal and stuck that to the car, then taped the rest of the stripes off of it. Then pulled the vynal and tape off when it was dry!

Any chance I could get that template file for the logo? If so I could have a temporary vinyl done up until I can afford the paint. If I had to pay you a little something for it I would.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #24
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
oh man, I really hate to give it up, but I suppose I could. I don't follow the line thickness of the 442 Alero. My template is actually the correct thickness for 442 w30 stripes.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:23 PM   #25
fisdad

Quote:
oh man, I really hate to give it up, but I suppose I could. I don't follow the line thickness of the 442 Alero. My template is actually the correct thickness for 442 w30 stripes.

PM'd
Old 03-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #26
fisdad

Quote:

C'mon...you know you want to.... Part of your Alero legacy can live on for years to come on another Alero....
Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Explain yourself please.......To my knowledge the green OSV alero has a stock hood on it.....

they actually made the convertible model?!?!?!???!?!??!???!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! I thought it never left the drawing boards!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #28
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
C'mon...you know you want to.... Part of your Alero legacy can live on for years to come on another Alero....

Oh I plan on using the same exact paint scheme on my current alero down the road (5-10 years) I absolutely love that color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
they actually made the convertible model?!?!?!???!?!??!???!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! I thought it never left the drawing boards!

It was a prototype as well, and sold at Barrett Jackson I believe.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
fisdad

Quote:
Oh I plan on using the same exact paint scheme on my current alero down the road (5-10 years) I absolutely love that color.

Okay. Well in that case I will just pay the vinyl lady the extra cash for the logo template.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #30
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:

are there any more pics of it? from the little I can see there it looks pretty sexy. what engine did they put in it?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #31
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ It was VIN'ed, but it had NO top. Probably had no support either and couldn't be driven.

I believe it was a 3400

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #32
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Love the OSV body kit to bad i can't find one no where but there is a few on this site (also scoop) -->http://www.carid.com/2001-oldsmobile-alero-body-kits/
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #33
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
^^ It was VIN'ed, but it had NO top. Probably had no support either and couldn't be driven.

I believe it was a 3400

I wonder how it would look with the osv kit on it... someone needs to that.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #34
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
I wonder how it would look with the osv kit on it... someone needs to that.

Google search "Oldsmobile Alero Convertible" you will find all of the images there are.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #35
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
Okay. Well in that case I will just pay the vinyl lady the extra cash for the logo template.

I will give it to you, its on my other computer I believe. Just need a little time to get it.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #36
fisdad

Quote:
I will give it to you, its on my other computer I believe. Just need a little time to get it.

Cool. Thanks! I'm in not big rush. I'm looking to do this in maybe 6 months or so. I'm still waiting on my Razzi kit and I need to get to a pick and pull for the GAGT skirts I want to complete it before I can paint and add decals.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #37
fisdad

Okay, so I've heard a bunch of "don't do its" on the hood scoops. I probably will still do something to the hood, just not 100% sure what yet.

What about the stripe? I think it's pretty cool to incorperate the existing logos on the car into a stripe. Otherwise I was going to do something similar on the rockers like they do on Mustangs or starting high on the fender and running to the end of the quarter panel like the striping on the new Chargers...If only I had photoshop... I may try to GIMP an image together of what I'm thinking.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #38
fisdad

bump... Still looking for opinions on the stripe
Old 04-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #39
Williamleo
GX Member

Williamleo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Williamleo
Here's a red one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg convert.jpg (174.0 KB, 57 views)
Old 04-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #40
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

^me want