Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #41
Williamleo
GX Member

Williamleo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Williamleo
My Favorite Alero ever!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fav.jpg (64.5 KB, 99 views)
Old 05-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #42
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
So I am having some trouble remembering how to remove things in paint, but here is a VERY rough mockup of my car with the stripe I'm thinking about.

I want it to begin like the Alero/Intrigue 442 with the Olds logo high on the fender, with the body of the stripe running under the windows and after the rear door turn into a fading block pattern similar to some of the new Charger/Challenger stripes.

fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #43
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
^that don't look to bad.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #44
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
all your ideas sound great and i can help you allot with graphics on your car, and the hood scoops dont bother if you bring me your car i wont put those on and say i did your car lol

but now keep in mind all the thing syou want done cost money custom paint starts to get expensive, fabricating can get expensive, so just keep all that in mind
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #45
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
all your ideas sound great and i can help you allot with graphics on your car, and the hood scoops dont bother if you bring me your car i wont put those on and say i did your car lol

but now keep in mind all the thing syou want done cost money custom paint starts to get expensive, fabricating can get expensive, so just keep all that in mind

I know that things add up as you can see from my ongoing list. I will have over $9000 rolled into this car when I finish the work that I've already bought parts to do.

I was wanting the look of the Alero/Intrigue 442 as far as hood scoops goes, but I'm starting to reconsider. I may do a photoshop rendering at some point after my kit is installed. Otherwise I may just wait until I can afford a spyder hood or something? I'm not fully sold on the scoop idea yet... Just kicking it around. I need to figure out if I care enough to have the hood fabricated. I was quoted $400 to fabricate my hood with real cowls.

I don't think my paint will be "custom", I am just painting everything back to the factory color. The custom decals will be vinyl so that I can peel them off later if I decide that I hate them or want to change them up a bit.

Unfortunately, I know that you do AMAZING quality of work... I mean, I saw that beast of an Alero you had... Nearly flawless! I wish I could afford you. I'm working in the $2000 range. I found a small custom shop nearby who has been in business here for 25 years that will do the kit, full paint, minor hood and door repair (seam seal) for $2000 and they will have the car back to me in 7-10 business days.

I don't want to low ball you or anything like that, but I've got 2 non Maacco shops that have decent looking work on their books and references and both quoted me $1500-2000. Keep in mind, this is NOT to paint the trunk, door jams, engine bay ect. This is exterior visible panels only and I take the lights out, window and side trim and door handles off before I leave the car. But it also includes repairing my chips and seam pop on my hood, and digging out the very small amount of rust on the inside lip of my rear passenger door and seam sealing it again as well.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #46
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ok so its kinda like a half of a job in a way, no door jambs, no removing of some parts, just kinda freshing it up , and thats fine if thats all you can afford

but keep in mind if you ever decide to do anything else there is not only the factory sealer, e coat, base and clear, now there is primer, more sealer, more base coat more clear, which in turn will cost more money to take off what another shop did

also keep this in mind too body and paint labor up here is 48 a book hour, restoration is over 100, custom work too, so pricing down in the sticks is going to be different then coming to chicago

i really dont think im that expensive around here my pricing is competitvie to allot of shop in the area, the cost of material has sky rocketed through the roof so i have to price accordingly

but best of luck to you
Old 05-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #47
fisdad

Quote:
ok so its kinda like a half of a job in a way, no door jambs, no removing of some parts, just kinda freshing it up , and thats fine if thats all you can afford

but keep in mind if you ever decide to do anything else there is not only the factory sealer, e coat, base and clear, now there is primer, more sealer, more base coat more clear, which in turn will cost more money to take off what another shop did

also keep this in mind too body and paint labor up here is 48 a book hour, restoration is over 100, custom work too, so pricing down in the sticks is going to be different then coming to chicago

i really dont think im that expensive around here my pricing is competitvie to allot of shop in the area, the cost of material has sky rocketed through the roof so i have to price accordingly

but best of luck to you

That's fair. Really, my paint overall is in really good condition. My hood has chips and my roof and deck lid have some scratching but otherwise everything is still glossy and whole.

My thought is, I need the kit painted and it will be, but he won't be painting underneath the kit. This means that the hood and fenders will all be painted as well as the top portion of each bumper cover and the top half of each door and quarter panel. In the long run, I could buy a new dog house and bumper covers for the car to avoid having the double paint work if I decide to drop the cash on a REAL paint job later.

I want the kit to be installed properly and the paint for the kit to be matched. On another note... I was told that a two tone would look sweet on my car. I can only think of using black or forest green as a two tone. One guy suggested gold. Any thoughts bdy?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #48
bdyman
GLS member

any mettalic in a matte clear looks amazing, you could do a gold and do a matte clear and it changed the look of the car

i like blue and silver, black and silver, if ya do black do black ontop and the green bottom but with a matte clear over the whole car, would look effin amazing, having a pinstripe to break up the 2 colors, not a tape stripe a real hand painted stripe

thats my thought, but think again before you drop 2k on a half of a paint job
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #49
fisdad

Quote:
any mettalic in a matte clear looks amazing, you could do a gold and do a matte clear and it changed the look of the car

i like blue and silver, black and silver, if ya do black do black ontop and the green bottom but with a matte clear over the whole car, would look effin amazing, having a pinstripe to break up the 2 colors, not a tape stripe a real hand painted stripe

thats my thought, but think again before you drop 2k on a half of a paint job

I want a color to go with the current Dark Bronzemist Metallic on the bottom if that would look good. I am fine with one solid color.

This shop is charging $1500 for the freshen up, rust repair, hood repair and kit install.

I'm going to look and see what a matte clear looks like.

So, if I paid you 5k and you had my car for 4-6 weeks, are we talking about a complete tear down, repair and repaint or would any repairs be additional?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #50
bdyman
GLS member

your car would be a shell, everything gets torn off, all parts removed, door jambs painted, all dings chips rust fixed and kit installed
ill show you a pic of a gtr we did in matte pearl white
Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #51
bdyman
GLS member

its clear, you can wash it and care for it like a regular clear, what you see cost in body and paint 10k, the body kit was 15k, the 1/4`s are flared out, real carbon fiber parts, and body kit

the customer has close to 100k just in body paint and performance parts
Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #52
fisdad

its clear, you can wash it and care for it like a regular clear, what you see cost in body and paint 10k, the body kit was 15k, the 1/4`s are flared out, real carbon fiber parts, and body kit

the customer has close to 100k just in body paint and performance parts[/quote]

Damn that is sweet! I am certainly not going anywhere near 10-100k on my baby just to pretty her up, but wow! I wish I could afford you.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #53
bdyman
GLS member

that is at the shop i work for autowerks........the whole matte paint is very popular right now and it looks great
Old 05-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #54
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
i want le matte black on my car
Old 05-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #55
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Probably a photochop.
Yeah, I photoshopped that a while back for someone who wanted the idea visualized.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #56
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yeah, I photoshopped that a while back for someone who wanted the idea visualized.

I'm doing this like the pic of the green OSV. I'm only doing one cut out though in the center of the hood on the existing line. Should be frigging amazing when done!
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.