Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-10-2005, 12:12 AM   #181
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Eh_nigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
Scratch last about using the rear tires... right now my crew and I are working on how to get more room near the rear struts...
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #182
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
on the fronts with the right offset you can go up to an 8" wide i think...maybe more but i'm not sure
Old 11-10-2005, 01:08 PM   #183
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Ahhhh... a fellow Leafs Fan

As for the tire situation, I'm pretty much beginning to get a little frustrated. The issue I have with getting the proper rims that will work on a FWD to get the NASCAR look has become the biggest headache of the whole project. I have found a couple of leads that could help, however, for the time being, I'm moving onto the interior and am going to finish that up prior to going any further.

Whoever said Custom comes in a box was smokin' something strong... but, that's half the fun... right? RIGHT?!

Ej.
-Why the hell not?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #184
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
:Noooo:

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #185
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Hey all. Well, I've got some good news and some better news. Good news being that I found out recently that I'll be going overseas (although not until August). The better news, is that with the money I will be saving up from tour, I'll be more then financially ready to get the Alero project finished up.

Basically, from now until then, I'm going to be sitting over the drawing board (literally), and planning out with greater detail how I want the interior and exterior to look. My main focus right now is the interior (sound system, box, fiberglass, roll cage, seats, etc., etc., etc...). SO! Thought I'd toss that in...

Ej.
-Why the hell not?
Old 01-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #186
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Hey All, and happy New Year to you all.

As an update to my NASCAR project, it's split now two way. The Alero is still being worked on. In the next months the interior will be started and hopefully finished prior to going overseas in August. All the components are bought, and now it's a matter of speaker wire, and fiberglassing the interior. Plans are also being layed out as to what to do with the engine compartment (Ie., what's moving where, what's staying, new parts and so forth).
As a side project, myself and another friend have began to lay out plans on building a NASCAR from scratch (but street legal).

As for plans for this new year, hopefully the groundwork for "OLDSkool Custom" will be layed out and early 2007 it will take birth. Didn't realize starting up your own shop takes so much.

But yes, best wishes to you all in 2006,

Ej.
-Why the hell not?
Old 01-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #187
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
hows bout some pics?
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #188
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Right now my car's packed full of my gear (getting ready to head back to the base after vacation). But, most definately, once we start having a little fun in the back of the car... (with fiberglassing that is), for sure.

One of the ideas that I think might get a good response has to do with the 6x9's on the back deck. I'm going to cut into the deck where the speakers sit, and tilt them forward about 45 degrees, reweld it in there.

On the other hand, showing how I managed to fit a 6 cu.ft. box for the subs in there, that's also going to get some response...
-Why the hell not?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #189
S_Gibson

Good luck man. By the time you get it done the 2007 package will be in use with the ugly new front end NASCAR is planing. http://www.rubbins-racin.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=27297

When you get ready to paint it take a hike over to to www.rubbins-racin.com and hit up someone on the 2003 Racing Season forum to throw something together for you. http://www.rubbins-racin.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20 Our site is for the PC racing game papyrus did and the main focus of the site is NASCAR racing. Many of us live in the Winston Salem and Charlotte area and although they will be hard to pick out for obvious reasons there are several NASCAR drivers that frequent the board. Some of the guys that visit the forums have done schemes for some local drivers as well as some USAR Pro Cup drivers.

You picked a tough car to apply a NASCAR theme to. I wish you the best. You might find rims to fit the theme, but the center will have to set out farther from the inside of the rim. The bottom wraps in quite a bit also, but for the theme it should not matter.

I'd say you are running pretty good for the old "How bad have you got it?" commercials, but just for kicks here is a picture of me at a friends house in his "RACING Simulator". The seat is a BGN Butler seat from a #21 Rockwell Automation car from a wreck Mike Dillon had at Texas. The frame is from a #31 Lowes car Mike Skinner wrecked at one of the superspeedways, and the sheet metal is from a Tally car Robby Gordon finished a race without wrecking. It has the removable wheel and window net w/ a 64 bit AMD under the hood. You have to bring your own HANS device to play this game

Good luck man. I'm as interested as many others here to see what this turns out like. Personaly I think I'd have bought a Monte or old Lumina and started with that. I preferred the '80, so an old Monte Carlo SS or Thunderbird Supercoupe would suit me.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #190
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

WOW! Thank you for that great post!

I will definately be keeping in touch and sending updates once the second project starts. As for the Alero... what you said about the wheels (rims) is very true. To date, I still haven't been able to find rims that would work and I'm beginning to think that I will need to find someone who can make them specifically for this car. It has been a slight headache, but it's not an impossible task.

Once this is done, my best friend and I are going to pile into the Alero for a bit of a road trip, down to a superspeedway to take in a NASCAR race. Problem being up here in Canada (and not to knock on CASCAR), but there is very little available for a die-hard NASCAR fan. All in good time though,

Thanks again!
-Why the hell not?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:14 AM   #191
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
good luck dood cant wait to see what it looks like
Old 01-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #192
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

So, there I was, walking into my favorite pub here in Brandon, when something literally stops me dead in my tracks. I can't believe it. I literally dropped my drink *yes, I know, not in the pub yet, but that hardly stops the drinking*... anywho, back to the story at hand...

Walking over slowly, sure enough, it's the old Catapillar NASCAR used at last seasons Road Course. With a dash of lightning quick speed, I run across the street, grab two disposibly cameras, and proceded to take about 45 pictures inside and out of this NASCAR... all was fine and dandy until the owner came around the corner, seeing me with my tape measure, camera, and a bit of drool coming down my mouth. That wasn't a pretty site.

Anyway, lots of great ideas for the Alero are flowing from these pictures, as well as for the upcoming NASCAR project itself. Talk about Pubs coming to the rescue!
-Why the hell not?
Old 01-19-2006, 03:24 AM   #193
elitecloud
GL Member

elitecloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to elitecloud
did he kill you or did you explain the situation?

2006 Toyota X-Runner
elitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #194
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

I think that if I were just someone looking at the car, then it would be okay... but once he saw the camera, tape measure, and opening the hood, trunk, etc., etc., etc.... I don't think he knew what to make of it... so he threw a mini-tantrum... not bad for a 50+ y/o man.
-Why the hell not?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #195
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
LMFAO thats awesome
Old 01-29-2006, 02:30 AM   #196
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
opened the hood, trunk, measured....

...damn dude should have just rubbed the wires and taken the thing haha

Would have been sitting here posting Project Olds Nascar completed instead (would have fooled 90% of the people on here haha)
im jkkk i love aleromod's dwellers and do not condone the stealing of automobiles
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #197
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Hahaha... and the funny thing is, you're not the first one to ponder the thought that I would try something like that... *rubbing the wires that is*

As for the project, it's going along little by little... but being as busy as work is right now, not much of a chance to get things done. I have however built the starter box (just the metal construction), got the switches and wiring done on it... but it's not yet mounted. Still trying to figure out how I will wire it exactly. I'm thinking thats what I'll be doing this weekend.

The ironic thing being that over the weekend I had my keys lifted (among other things)... so I'm paying for a new key, and in less than a week, I'll never be using it again...
-Why the hell not?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:26 PM   #198
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Starter Box is in. It's composed of three main components:

Starter Box (mountec slightly left of center above the rear view mirror). Three switches - Aux., On, and a momentary starter switch.

Bypass Box (couldn't come up with a better name). contains the wires used to connect from the connections in the original ignition, to the starter box. It's located inside where the old key-ignition used to be in the dash.

Original Starter - now located under the dash, under the stearing wheel column. It is set to the "ON" position using the old key. This is more of a 'safety'. Ie., if the car is being left somewhere for any period of time, it is switched to the "Off" position, key removed. Otherwise it's on.

I'm not going to get into how much of a PITA it was to get it all done, but finally it's done. Next thing (after the interior) is to shave the door handles. Tons of fun

But, it works! And I will have pictures posted as soon as I fix up the hole in the dash, and make a fiberglass cover over the box (for asthetic purposes only).
-Why the hell not?